EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Medal bar Bravery medal from the 238 Division with with engraving Passchendale 1917

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Medal bar Bravery medal from the 238 Division with with engraving Passchendale 1917

I find this rare medalbar with two iron cross ribbons, an EK II and a Braverymedal with a gravure. This is what I find out about the medal:

The bravery medal
    In the spirit of the iron cross the medal was made from silver and iron. The second class was the “bravery medal” on the ribbon. The medal was on a black and white ribbon, the Prussian Iron cross ribbon -at least unofficially worn. It has a diameter of about 38 mm, edge thickness from 3,6 mm and w weight 26 gramm. The medal shows on the front a grenade funnel landscape with a Landser with Pickelhaube and 98 Rifle throwing a grenade wit shrapnel bursting in the air in front of the ruins of a village.

Designer signature F.Köhnke

The Foundation of the bravery medal fot the 238 Division in early 1917 falls into one Time in which – inspired by frontline soldiers, about the need for a Front fighter award. In fact, the predecessor of the later Infanterie Assault Badge or General Assault Badge from World War II.

Hope you like it too

Medalbar -2 EK II & Rgts 26 (4)5 238 division Passchendale 1917.jpg

Medalbar -2 EK II & Rgts 26 (9)5 238 division.jpg

Medalbar -2 EK II & Rgts 26 (6)5 238 division.jpg

Medalbar -2 EK II & Rgts 26 (8)5 238 division.jpg

That's a very interesting piece, I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dansson View Post
      That's a very interesting piece, I like it!
      Glad you like it too (one of the few)

If you want to know more about this medal, here is a very nice article.....hope you can read German

https://www.deutsche-gesellschaft-fu.../ausgabe70.pdf

Comment

Very cool indeed never seen one before. Rob
        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Originally posted by Green View Post
          Glad you like it too (one of the few)

If you want to know more about this medal, here is a very nice article.....hope you can read German

https://www.deutsche-gesellschaft-fu.../ausgabe70.pdf
          That's a very well written article which I enjoyed reading through. A lot more personalized than most German awards with date, name and it all.

Comment

Thank you guys....nice to know that there are still members, who appreciate my small contribution to the knowledge about German medals and their history

Comment

interesting combination

Comment

What a wonderful medal bar. I collected medal bars for a number of years but never saw a 2 placer as interesting as this one....in fact it is more interesting than most large multi place bars due to it being named, dated and with a location!

For me, it is truly one of the best pieces I have seen on the forum in quite some time!

Gary B
                ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary B View Post
                    What a wonderful medal bar. I collected medal bars for a number of years but never saw a 2 placer as interesting as this one....in fact it is more interesting than most large multi place bars due to it being named, dated and with a location!

For me, it is truly one of the best pieces I have seen on the forum in quite some time!

Gary B
                    I completely agree with Gary.

Comment

Thank you guys, glad you like it too

I am a Iron Cross collector and was a little bit confused wenn I saw the medalbar.... ......two Iron Cross ribbons and a medal I did not recognized. I had never seen this before, but for some reason became interested and bought it. I was of course very surprised when I found the article. I am glad that I can share it here and it is appreciated

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X