Pilot Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot Ring

Hi , I would appreciate your opinion on this ring ,any help to figure out the name?
    Thank you
    Attached Files

I've seen lots of these rings the past few years, but couldn't tell you much about them. I cant tell what the name on top says, but "Boelcke" just below it is interesting. Oswald Boelcke was the mentor to Manfred von Richtofen, the Red Baron. He was one of the first fighter pilots of the war, he wrote "Boelcke's Dicta" a list of rules every fighter pilot should follow, which is still taught in military pilot schools around the world. Boelcke is to air warfare as Erwin Rommel is to tank warfare. If this ring has any connection to Boelcke, it could be an important piece of history.

Comment

These things are floating all over the place, and I believe are coming from the usual fakers. If it was Boelcke's ring, it would be worth a small fortune.

Comment

Hauptm. = Hauptmann (Captain). Oswald Boelke's rank when he died in 1916.

I've seen these very crude, cast rings on eBay for years. I'm sure they're all fake.

Comment

Thank you guys for all your opinions
          I bought a small group of Militaria from my picker this ring was inside a box mixed with patches , insignia ....and more I’m not even know the ring was there
          I’m not an expert on rings but I like this one

Comment

Imho poorly cast fake masquerading as a desirable piece. Not even close.

Comment

Not original. These pieces are often faked.

Comment

This is interesting: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1006925
                pseudo-expert

Comment

This ring was sold as a Reproduction ! on local gun show in Pennsylvania
                  I’m not responsible for any future destination of this item

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X