Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1813 ekii

Hi Guys,

Ben has placed a very nice 1813 EKII on the eStand.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=994072

I have looked at some past threads on this but I am still unsure if this is an A or B type core and whether this may be from the Berlin foundry?

Thanks

Alan

A and B cores are something that belongs to the 1870 category.

That cross has a bent stem core.

Comment

Originally posted by Dansson View Post
      A and B cores are something that belongs to the 1870 category.

That cross has a bent stem core.
      Agreed.
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Do a search on Blucher, Bluecher 1813 and the bent stem!

Comment

I really got my wires crossed on this one, not sure what I was thinking. Thank you guys for getting me on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            Hi Guys,

Ben has placed a very nice 1813 EKII on the eStand.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=994072

(...)
            Sure it´s a nice example - but: I have my doubts...

"Very nice ek2 1813, made around 1814.

No cracks, no repairs.
            " (Quote from the ad)

I doubt the timeframe. The "bent-stems" are considered later examples...
            I doubt the "no repairs"-part. Look at the suspension, that´s not the original look...
            I doubt that Ben is in possession of this cross. I have seen those pictures on this forum before...

I wonder what one will get from him in case a deal is fixed ???

Regards
            Hagrid

Comment

Ben is a longtime, trusted member of this forum, primarily in the Third Reich area.

The details of the cross can be discussed, of course, but Ben is thoroughly honest as a collector and a seller.
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                Ben is a longtime, trusted member of this forum, primarily in the Third Reich area.
                The details of the cross can be discussed, of course, but Ben is thoroughly honest as a collector and a seller.
                That might be as it is ...maybe he should - to keep his reputation of honesty as a seller - stick to Third Reich items then!
                He tried to sell this very cross in the german Militaria Fundforum as a "sans serif" (?) example before, with no success, using the same pictures.
                I have the strong suspicion that he does not have the cross at home and therefore is using other sources instead of making own pictures!
                Only a shot of this cross, laying on a daily dutch newspaper with the date visible would restore my faith - but I bet you the price of the cross that he won´t be able to provide that
                Regards
                Hagid
                Last edited by Hagrid; 03-08-2019, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Having dealt with Ben many times in the past 15 years or so, I have no problem trusting him, and as previously stated he is a well known and respected collector.

As to the date of manufacture, I think it is just a simple error in typing- he has this for sale elsewhere and states it to be made circa 1840. He also states that he is using the previous owners photos as they are better than any he has taken himself.

Regards - Danny

Comment

I love the grey table......wich stands on my balcony.....

this happens when you not make your own photos from your items wich you want to sell
                    Last edited by WaltherW; 03-08-2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagrid View Post
                      Only a shot of this cross, laying on a daily dutch newspaper with the date visible would restore my faith - but I bet you the price of the cross that he won´t be able to provide that.
                      It's a bet.
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Comment

Thanks Guys, very nice thread.

Trevor was the only one that bothered to send me a link to this thread.

I mixed up the pics, which is very stupid, I agree.
                        And Yes, it is Walther’s table.
                        And I should make my own pics, I agree.
                        Thank you Walther for rubbing it in, very much appreciated.

Will remove the sales-threads on he 1813, I hope you all had a good laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagrid View Post
                          That might be as it is ...maybe he should - to keep his reputation of honesty as a seller - stick to Third Reich items then!
                          He tried to sell this very cross in the german Militaria Fundforum as a "sans serif" (?) example before, with no success, using the same pictures.
                          I have the strong suspicion that he does not have the cross at home and therefore is using other sources instead of making own pictures!
                          Only a shot of this cross, laying on a daily dutch newspaper with the date visible would restore my faith - but I bet you the price of the cross that he won´t be able to provide that
                          Regards
                          Hagid
                          Tomorrow I will post the picture on tomorrow’s local newspaper.

I will also send my BIC and IBAN by pn

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
                            Tomorrow I will post the picture on tomorrow’s local newspaper.

I will also send my BIC and IBAN by pn

It won’t be the cross in these pictures though, but the ek I described...

Comment

No problem Ben....we all can make mistakes....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X