CEJ Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gardejäger Feldwebel - which decorations would be appropriate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gardejäger Feldwebel - which decorations would be appropriate?

Am seeking guidance as to which awards would be appropriate for all 3 sets of loops on this tunic. Would like to obtain the most logical ones. Something for the 1910 timeframe. This NCO earned both the 1907 and 1908 Jäger Kaiserabzeichen.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Found a 1905 photo of a Major (Garde Jäger Bataillon CC?).

And his photo again in a 1910 album I own.

Obviously the medal bar I would need would be different. But, what about the decorations below?
    Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Attached Files
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I imagine he would have a Long Service schnall, and a small medal bar with the Centenary medal at least.
        pseudo-expert

Comment

photo

The white Maltese Cross in the photo is for the Johanniter Orden and would not be for an NCO.

Comment

LS bar below. Centennial above. NCO's and EM in general had very few/no medals serving between 1872 and the start WWI - except for those who saw colonial service in China/Afrika.

Comment

Thanks gentlemen. What about the lower set of loops?
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Could still use some suggestions as what decoration would be appropriate for the lower loops. Have looked at lots of photos with negative results.

Was pleased to see an era button to secure the Schützenabzeichen present under the shoulder board.
                Attached Files
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Willi, First of all still a very nice tunic. Second, I would not get hung up on this - there is no need to fill every loop. Most of the time nothing was worn in the loops. Third, a celebratory pin might be a suggestion either something like a so many years existence of the regiment pin or maybe something to celebrate my (KW2) birthday. Lastely, would you mind posting a pic showing a bit more of your collection as I spot also a nice 1st Garde Ulan tunic in the background? Have a good one. Cheers, Tom

Comment

Hi Willi,

I do have a photo of a Gardejäger Feldwebel with an unidentified breast-insignia, worn at a place where your tunic has a loop.

He does also have a double Kaiserabzeichen and shooting lanyard.

Any idea of what kind of insignia he is wearing underneath the long service award ?

Regards

Torsten

Comment

Cool Pic - Torsten!

Comment

Thanks !

Forgot to mention that the picture is printed on a metal disc of 15 cm diameter. (I guess it is called "ferotyphie")

Comment

Thanks Torsten, that is an interesting photo!

Since it appears many badges could have been worn, I grabbed one of my shooting medals which fits perfectly. It seems plausible that a Gardejäger Feldwebel from Potsdam could have attended a "Jäger Gründungs - Jubiläumfest" held in 1911 in Gotha. The Jäger emblem is a fit as well.

The "Deutscher Schützenbund" was founded in 1861 in Gotha.

Tom, yes that other tunic is an enlisted Ulanka from GUR 1. I also have an officer Ulanka to GUR 1.
                          Attached Files
                          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X