Pour me Merite with Crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pour me Merite with Crown

I have shown pictures to three collectors with knowledge far exceeding mine (ok, I know that includes most everyone here!). The general consensus is that it is a Rothe piece and post WWII though one gent said possibly late WWII. I wanted all to be clear before I put it in on estand or if no interest here then ebay. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Comment

Can you tell what the stamps are on the cross itself? and Is there 2 or 3 stamps on the arm.
      Cheers
      Wayne

Comment

Plm

Hi I say yours was made after 1967 because of the crown being attached . The pie wedge mount was not on it. Does it show signs of having a pie wedge being removed? Cliff

Comment

Not as much help as I would like to be on either question. Can't seem to get a good photo of the marks on the arm... it's two cartouch with a 900 mark in the center. Not sure how the pie wedge would have been originally applied but would say no sign of anyting removed. The crown is seperately applied at the edges / base and has a small amount of movement.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne gosley View Post
            Can you tell what the stamps are on the cross itself? and Is there 2 or 3 stamps on the arm.
            Cheers
            Wayne
            Best shot I can get....
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

the piece is a PLM made by Rothe & Neffe of Vienna. The marks are a "900" silver one and the rectangular is the "CFR" mark used by Rothe & Neffe in the '60s-'70s. The third mark to the left, after its shape, should be the state guarantee mark for silver.

The marks struck to the crown's rear loop are fantasy ones.

The cross seem to have had the "pie-slice" suspension removed, and on its place the crown was soldered, possibly taken from another decoration (look at the two "nuts" visible on the reverse).

Best wishes,

E.L.

Comment

Originally posted by Elmar Lang View Post
                Hello,

the piece is a PLM made by Rothe & Neffe of Vienna. The marks are a "900" silver one and the rectangular is the "CFR" mark used by Rothe & Neffe in the '60s-'70s. The third mark to the left, after its shape, should be the state guarantee mark for silver.

The marks struck to the crown's rear loop are fantasy ones.

The cross seem to have had the "pie-slice" suspension removed, and on its place the crown was soldered, possibly taken from another decoration (look at the two "nuts" visible on the reverse).

Best wishes,

E.L.
                Excellent info, thank you!

Comment

It looks like the work was nicely executed, without any attempt to disguise the Rothe marks... makes me wonder if the marks on the crown clasp could be owner's initials?...any correspondence to a PlM awardee, especially perhaps one with Austrian connections and living to see his 50 year mark??

Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X