Imperial awards i.d.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial awards i.d.

A recent collection included some Imperial awards I haven't been able to identify. Your help appreciated!
    Attached Files

Turkish War Medal (aka Gallipoli Star or Iron Half Moon) and Austrian Iron Crown.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Awesome! This could be a long thread and the help is greatly appreciated!
      Two more...
      Attached Files

Comment

The Austrian order actually is an Order of the Iron Crown III Class with War Decoration (the green enamelled laurel wreath, means a wartime award). It should be made of gilt bronze and from its details, although apparently unmarked, it should have been made by Rozet & Fischmeister, or A. E. Köchert, of Vienna.

Comment

Some nice items. The one with the blue and white ribbon is the Schaumburg-Lippe Military Merit Cross 2nd Class. The other is a silver-gilt Wuerttemberg Order of Military Merit Knight's Cross, I would say a later WW1 piece.

Comment

This is greatly appreciated! More!
            Attached Files

Comment

Brunswick War Merit Cross (equivalent to EK2)
              Lippe-Detmold War Merit Cross 1st class (equivalent to EK1)

Gary B
              ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

I think I have moved into this thread!
                Here is another....
                Attached Files

Comment

Bulgarian Order of Bravery, 4th class, 1st grade.

Comment

Some of these are quite striking!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Red Eagle Order 3rd Class with Swords and Crown (look on the bottom of the cross to see if there is a Maker mark)
                      ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Nice stuff. The Lippe cross is an award type by Zimmermann. Now it gets serious with the RAO3mSuK. These are very rare. Are the swords screwed into the body of the cross? If so, please post extreme close-ups of the swords, specifically the edges.

Comment

You have my attention! Not sure if pics are good or if 'screwed' in but body is well fit, multi piece construction cross and appear to be post heads on either side of the sword as it enters the base. Marked with a thin line W on the bottom arm. Wagner?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yup, W is for Wagner. I'm not convinced by the swords, to be honest. The grips are not typical for what one sees on Prussian decorations. AFAIK these should be produced hollow, in two pieces with a seam down the edge, and they should be threaded and screwed into the cross. Keep in mind that this decoration is exceedingly rare, with, I believe, only 11 known awards.

Comment

Looks like someone has been trying to replicate Manfred von Richthofen’s awards. I have been trying to do so myself for many, many years. I have been trying to get a real RAO, but these birds are very rare!

Your cross is much better than mine, but I agree with ME109 that the swords do not look right!

These are mine.....

Last edited by gmu; 01-24-2019, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X