Imperial Militaria and the SOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial Militaria and the SOS

I'm thinking of taking my son to the SOS next year, how much of the SOS is Imperial militaria? Is the show worth going to for someone who collects Imperial exclusively?

Good question. That is something I have wondered myself.
    Hopefully Trevor, Tony or some of the other members will see this and
    comment on it.

Comment

IMO the majority at the SOS is WW2, but there is always some good imperial/WW1 stuff for sale.

I’ve bought during the last MAX show this nice fieldgrey Württemberg visor for a reasonable price.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Sir,
        Each year I leave there w/ fine examples of Imperial militaria. IMO, SOS generally has fine selection of Imperial. Good show to attend w/ your son. I would recommend it, happy hunting.
        Kind regards,
        E.

Comment

Originally posted by ivbaust View Post
          IMO the majority at the SOS is WW2, but there is always some good imperial/WW1 stuff for sale.

I’ve bought during the last MAX show this nice fieldgrey Württemberg visor for a reasonable price.
          Nice haul!

Comment

Originally posted by Erickn View Post
            Hello Sir,
            Each year I leave there w/ fine examples of Imperial militaria. IMO, SOS generally has fine selection of Imperial. Good show to attend w/ your son. I would recommend it, happy hunting.
            Kind regards,
            E.
            That's great to hear. I'm strongly considering attending in 2019.

Comment

No, no, no nothing Imperial worth collecting at the SOS, just German WWII (boring) and US stuff. Better stay at home if you are collecting Imperial. I went last year bought almost nothing: Garde pickelhaube, 20 or so shoulder boards and a medal bar. So, not worth attending for Imperial collectors - please stay at home.

Hmmm now where did I put my plane ticket to St. Louis?
              Last edited by kaiserwilhelm2; 12-30-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post

Are you planning to walk from St. Louis to Louisville?

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post
                  No, no, no nothing Imperial worth collecting at the SOS, just German WWII (boring) and US stuff. Better stay at home if you are collecting Imperial. I went last year bought almost nothing: Garde pickelhaube, 20 or so shoulder boards and a medal bar. So, not worth attending for Imperial collectors - please stay at home.

Thank you for the heads up, it's a good thing I bought refundable plane tickets this morning...gotta cancel them!

Comment

YES! Please stay at home! Perhaps your absence would increase hunting opportunities for the rest of us :-)

Comment

There is a decent amount of Imperial stuff there. Certainly more than at any other US show.
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Three of my best 1914 EK1s are from the SOS.

Comment

Sos

I've had pretty good luck finding Imperial Medals at SOS, you do have to look pretty hard but there are plenty there and usually at a good price too.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X