X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nzef1940 View Post
    I have not bothered to reply to this thread
    Seriously?! What arrogance.
    You started this thread and I put some effort in this on your behalf but as my opinion does not suit you - as you want to believe your plates are genuine - you can not be bothered to reply. Hail to the power of self deception.

Okay now that we got that clear I will refrain in future to reply to any questions of yours - as from now on I too can not be 'bothered' anymore on your behalf.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kaiserwilhelm2; 08-28-2018, 02:22 AM.

Comment

No problem, very selective quotes!

I was hoping for an advanced imperial porcelain collector to comment in this thread and he now has , thanks Chris (90th light).

No offence but judging by your comments I think your not an advanced imperial porcelain collector (no offence meant).

Comment

No problem, very selective quotes!

Selective yes in the sense of getting at the heart of the matter - arrogance.

I was hoping for an advanced imperial porcelain collector to comment in this thread and he now has , thanks Chris (90th light).

No offence but judging by your comments I think your not an advanced imperial porcelain collector (no offence meant).
        And more arrogance.

Good for you that the guy who agrees with you is an expert and I am just a dumb schmuck who inconveniently did actually provide some logical/factual comments (German spelling mistakes on a Meissen plate no way, why are your plates looking so different from others produced in the same time frame, and providing photographs) while on the other side we have a theory only: oh yes substandard quality due to economic difficult times. Go figure. Please continue on your chosen path of ignoring any inconvenient facts and demonstrating that in some of us the human capacity for self-deception knows no bounds.

We are done!
        Last edited by kaiserwilhelm2; 08-28-2018, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Oh no, that’s a shame, never mind.

Spelling mistake, I don’t think so.

As to arrogance, I think it’s a case of the pot calling the kettle black!

Comment

I agree that the letter K is not written correctly. Also I can not understand why the letters are not written completely. What is the diameter of the plate? The picture does not look underglaze, I marked it on oak leaves.
            But the reverse of the plate there are still signs of the manufacturer? The size ?
            Attached Files

Comment

I think this is Chinese copy. They are very good at porcelain making.

The wording at the bottom:

KAISER ___ L II. SEE BATAILLON

makes no sense at all in either the German language or the military nomenclature sense. The G.I. Joe font of the letters and the strange spacing suggests it was made by someone not familiar with the Roman alphabet. This plate would not be for me.

Comment

Yes likely Chinese copies and that would explain why so many of the same are out there on the market, but wait a minute, there are not others out there!

Maybe those clever Chinese just copied these two to test the market with the added sneakyness of salting then both in two old European collections for under $100?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X