Attributable ribbon bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attributable ribbon bar?

I need to know if it's good and if it can be identified soon as I'm only going to be here at the show for a few hours

Thanks

John
    Attached Files

There is chance that this one might be ID-able. Pics not good enough to say if it is original. Sequence of ribbons is however very very incorrect. Tread carefully.

Comment

re

more pictures II
      Attached Files

Comment

I have my doubts.

There is an Order of the Crown with swords ribbon on this bar. That medal would have been awarded prior to WWI and is extremely rare when awarded with swords on the blue peace ribbon - so IMO those swords should not be on the ribbon. Also in this case swords makes only sense within the context of a colonial war. There is no colonial ribbon (not China, not SWA, not other).

With a OoC medal I would also expect a Centennial medal on this bar as it is IMO unlikely you would have received a OoC within the first 13/14 years of service.

Then there seems to be a Schaumburg Lippe Militair Verdienst Medaille ribbon on the end. What is it doing there? It should be placed at least in front of those foreign WWI commemorative medals. This SL MVM is also an EM medal while the others should be officer orden (at least based on there being a OoC which is definitely an officer award).

But if we leave out the above, you would be looking for an army officer from Wuerttemberg who served in WWI and WWII had a MVO and OoC (probably without swords) and who did not serve in any of the numerous colonial actions fought in the last and first decade of the 20th Century - this should be a limited number of people and if he was awarded the SL MVM you would probably already have your unique individual. But if you would still have to narrow it down you could assume that he probably served in the Weimar Reichswehr, participated in the Anschluss and was probably awarded the EK2 in the French campaign of 1940 or in Poland 1939.
        Last edited by kaiserwilhelm2; 06-17-2018, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post
          I have my doubts.

There is an Order of the Crown with swords ribbon on this bar. That medal would have been awarded prior to WWI and is extremely rare when awarded with swords on the blue peace ribbon - so IMO those swords should not be on the ribbon. Also in this case swords makes only sense within the context of a colonial war. There is no colonial ribbon (not China, not SWA, not other).

With a OoC medal I would also expect a Centennial medal on this bar as it is IMO unlikely you would have received a OoC within the first 13/14 years of service.

Then there seems to be a Schaumburg Lippe Militair Verdienst Medaille ribbon on the end. What is it doing there? It should be placed at least in front of those foreign WWI commemorative medals. This SL MVM is also an EM medal while the others should be officer orden (at least based on there being a OoC which is definitely an officer award).

But if we leave out the above, you would be looking for an army officer from Wuerttemberg who served in WWI and WWII had a MVO and OoC (probably without swords) and who did not serve in any of the numerous colonial actions fought in the last and first decade of the 20th Century - this should be a limited number of people and if he was awarded the SL MVM you would probably already have your unique individual. But if you would still have to narrow it down you could assume that he probably served in the Weimar Reichswehr, participated in the Anschluss and was probably awarded the EK2 in the French campaign of 1940 or in Poland 1939.
          Fourth Ribbon is the Friedrich-Order of Württemberg
          Sixth ribbon is the Austrian MVK 3.Class
          Last ribbon is the Rumanian Order of the Crown

Best,
          Nicolas

Comment

Originally posted by Priedel78 View Post
            Fourth Ribbon is the Friedrich-Order of Württemberg
            Sixth ribbon is the Austrian MVK 3.Class
            Last ribbon is the Rumanian Order of the Crown

Best,
            Nicolas
            Fourth - yes you are of course very much correct; makes much more sense. I am too focussed on the RAO and KO of late.
            Last - yes that makes also more sense.

Unfortunately that makes id-ing the bar somewhat harder. The combination of MVO and FO is fairly common. The EK, KVK and various remembrance medals are all very generic. The combo of MVO, ROoC and Anschluss medal will probably weed out most possible previous owners and if there are still a few candidates left the MVO, MVK and EK 39 will probably get you what you need. Assuming it is all original I think a unique identification is a good possibility.
            Last edited by kaiserwilhelm2; 06-17-2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

not sure about set up of this at all! Not for my collection for sure.

Comment

Isn't this a Ohio-special? Rick Lundström could always tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian J View Post
                  Isn't this a Ohio-special? Rick Lundström could always tell.
                  No its not an Ohio Fraud parts bar.
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X