A new book OTTOMAN EMPIRE’S ORDER OF THE MEDJIDIE AND ORDER OF THE OSMANIE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new book OTTOMAN EMPIRE’S ORDER OF THE MEDJIDIE AND ORDER OF THE OSMANIE

A new book by AVŞAR IBAR: OTTOMAN EMPIRE’S ORDER OF THE MEDJIDIE AND ORDER OF THE OSMANIE
    Mr. AVŞAR IBAR has written, in Turkish and English, a book on the Medjidie and Osmanie Orders, and very recently published and on sale. It is a 208 pages, hard cover book with glossy paper, 17 x 24.5 cm and only 300 pieces (numbered).
    I received the book today and immediately read and loved it. Although there were several books published before about the Ottoman Turkish Medals and Orders, this is a book that covers only Medjidie and Osmanie Orders. Perfect explanations and history of both Orders. He gave pictured examples of 5 classes of Medjidie and 4 classes of Osmanie breast stars and orders. There are also pictures of the boxes and a section for the fakes. Also most importantly there are the samples of foreign made Orders by French, German and Austrian makers, even an Italian maker.
    The book itself is a collector item since, it is only 300 pieces.
    I strongly recommend the book to our fellow collectors.
    Thank you very much Avşar for writing such a book, a big contribution to our community and explaining all the facts about the two Orders.

Demir

For pictures: http://gmic.co.uk/topic/73342-a-new-...f-the-osmanie/

Avşar Ibar: info@avsaribar.com - http://www.avsaribar.com/content/default.asp
    Last edited by demir; 05-31-2018, 01:05 PM.

Dear Demir,

That looks like a very interesting book to me.

Matt

Comment

Avsar is a kind, knowledgeable person and I am sure that his book will have the fine success it deserves.

Our libraries are always hungry of good books.

Enzo (E.L.)

Comment

Msg sent as a double by mistake

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X