Unknown ribbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown ribbon

Is this the ribbon of the Ritterkreuz des Königlicher Hausorden von Hohenzollern mit Schwertern?
    If it is it would help narrow down the search for the identity of this unknown Vizeadmiral. And if you know who this Vizeadmiral is please do share your opinion!
    Thanks!

Surely the EK2 ribbon.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I agree.
      pseudo-expert

Comment

It's hard to argue with such authorities, but whether can not it also be 1939 Spange to the Iron Cross 2nd Class 1914 ?
        greetings
        Jacek

Comment

No spange on that ribbon. It is the 1939 black white red ribbon.
          pseudo-expert

Comment

Based on what I remember from Rick's lessons on the color-shift in black & white photos, I'm not sure that its an EK2 ribbon. I could be wrong, but I think it may be a Rettungsmedaille, which was also permitted to be worn through the buttonhole and which was not uncommon among naval officers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Danner View Post
              Based on what I remember from Rick's lessons on the color-shift in black & white photos, I'm not sure that its an EK2 ribbon. I could be wrong, but I think it may be a Rettungsmedaille, which was also permitted to be worn through the buttonhole and which was not uncommon among naval officers.
              Indeed, the EK2 ribbon was worn under the 2nd button hole. To me this still looks like the Ritterkreuz des Königlicher Hausorden von Hohenzollern mit Schwertern ribbon.

Comment

For comparison, several EK2 buttonhole ribbons.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=837797
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Don D.; 05-29-2018, 07:09 PM.
                pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Grossadmiral View Post
                  Indeed, the EK2 ribbon was worn under the 2nd button hole. To me this still looks like the Ritterkreuz des Königlicher Hausorden von Hohenzollern mit Schwertern ribbon.
                  The HOH3X was worn on the same ribbon as the EK2. The only difference was the crown and swords device. So my observation about the color-shift would apply to the HOH3X ribbon as well as the EK2 ribbon. Also, I don't see anything which looks like swords in the photo, although admittedly the photo is not very clear.

Comment

This guy has the WB, the 1939 KVK1X, and the EK1. What's missing from this lineup? Certainly not the HOH3X.
                    Best regards,
                    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I don't really see anything on his uniform that says WW1.
                      pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                        This guy has the WB, the 1939 KVK1X, and the EK1. What's missing from this lineup? Certainly not the HOH3X.
                        The award next to KVK1x is the Kolonialabzeichen (Elefantorden). His EKI is 100% from WW1. He looks quite old, in his mid 50s perhaps.
                        I have another photo from the same event.

Comment

How can you tell his EK1 is an Imperial EK?
                          pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don D. View Post
                            How can you tell his EK1 is an Imperial EK?
                            Well, it is just my assumption when seeing how old he looks.

Comment

The EK2 ribbon looks black white red to me. If that is so then he got both his EKs in WW2.
                              pseudo-expert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X