Opinions on this Silver Wound badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on this Silver Wound badge

Silver Wound badge from WWI. I can't see any marks like Assmann behind. The condition isn't remarkable and seems made in aluminum.
    Thanks in advance!
    George
    Attached Files

These badges are usually unmarked (but I know DRGM marking and some LDO codes on badges from WW2 manufacturing).

Your badge looks to be of silvered brass, and is cut-out variant for private marked (awarded pieces were not cut-out and of iron). Possibly made in 1920-30's

greetings
    Tomasz

Comment

[QUOTE=tompress;8025525]These badges are usually unmarked (but I know DRGM marking and some LDO codes on badges from WW2 manufacturing).

Your badge looks to be of silvered brass, and is cut-out variant for private marked (awarded pieces were not cut-out and of iron). Possibly made in 1920-30's

Thanks for your opinion Tomas. Are these difficult to find? It's not in the best conditions but looks great yet.

Comment

Hi,

silver cut out version is a little bit scarcer than the solid one.

greetings
        Tomasz

Comment

Nice, It came with a group and didn't know Its value. I really appreciate your help Tomas.

I'm going to add an Iron Cross 1st Class marked on the hook in a new thread.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X