Saxon Military Order of St. Henry Gold Medal Grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saxon Military Order of St. Henry Gold Medal Grouping

I was contacted by the vet family with reference to a ribbon bar which ended up to my surprise in a whole mint state grouping. Not an everyday Nachlass one can come across with, so my pleasure to share this with you gents. Unfortunately no reverse picture. Cheers, Alex
    Attached Files

It truly doesn’t get better than that!

Comment

Wow

That double St.Heinrichs bar is amazing!
      A Saxon Collectors dream.

Comment

Gotta say, just perfect..
        I hope this set won't get separated but hopefully be preserved altogether.

Comment

Very nice. I'd love to see better pics. Who was the recipient?
          pseudo-expert

Comment

WOW! Looks like nothing was ever worn!

Gary B
            ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Great group indeed.
              Does the StH medals have the maker stamp "F.U."?

Kind regards
              Alex

Comment

Any close ups of the St.Henry medals, they are the issue pieces they should have the stamp F.U. at the rim of the neck.

Comment

Unfortunately this picture may be the only evidence of this grouping we might get. It was provided by the awardees great granddaughter who in term asked for it to a distant father.

Is nice to see though they are being preserved as a time capsule. She wanted her ancestor to remain undisclosed. I can not tell about the rim of those two Henrys but to me there is a chance his ek1 is inter war period and so his Spange

Comment

dang it!....I have got to stop opening these threads when I'm taking a sip of my coffee. nearly spilled it.

Nice group!! I also haven't seen a double St. Heinrich's medal bar/ ribbon bar.

Comment

Very beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Claudius View Post
                        dang it!....I have got to stop opening these threads when I'm taking a sip of my coffee. nearly spilled it.

Nice group!! I also haven't seen a double St. Heinrich's medal bar/ ribbon bar.
                        If I recall correct, only a dozen or so of the 150 Gold St.Henry medal reciepients did not have both, so it should be more common to see the both the Gold and Silver ones on a bar
                        Well, common is relative in this case. The Gold award piece certainly is rare!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X