Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schickle PLM

Gentlemen,

The "Schickle" PLM pictured in the first photo was previously owned by Tony Colson and Steiner63. When Tony owned it prior to 2008 the PLM had Oak Leaves attached (as shown in the second photo). The ribbon has three stripes, so it matches a PLM with Oak Leaves. This PLM has been discussed previously here, but I wanted to ask if anyone can:

1. Identify the maker of the Oak Leaves and offer an educated guess on when they were made. I could find no match to this design in Prussian Blue.

2. Provide information about the ribbon and also offer an educated guess on when it was made. The width of the ribbon is 55.69mm and the stripes are 8mm wide.

I believe there were only 122 recipients of the PLM with Oak Leaves in World War I, so it seems the number of candidates requiring a replacement in the 1939-1941 "Schickle" timeframe would be limited.

If these Oak Leaves or ribbon have been discussed previously, my apologies and please direct me to those posts.

Thank you very much for any information you can provide!

Very best regards,
    Steve
    Attached Files

More Photos

Another photo of the PLM.
    Attached Files

Comment

Another Photo

Another photo of the ribbon.
      Attached Files

Comment

It's the same TYPE, but not the exact same medal Tony Colson owned. Tony's had a small soldered on plate at the top of the pie-wedge with "J.G.u.S." stamped into it.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ony+colson+plm

If you look at the wear to the plating on the one shown above, and the picture of Tony's, they aren't the same medal.

Comment

Compaing the two images, they can't be the same medal. Would I be incorrect to wonder if someone has tried to juice up the history of the Schickle shown at the start of this thread?

Comment

Schickle PLM

Please see
            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239695&highlight=Schickle+PLM&pag e=4
            Regular122 originally posted the photo of Colson's award with Oak Leaves with comment of "I believe this [referring to Steiner63's Schickle PLM] was the one that belonged to Tony Colson with Oak Leaves."
            Steiner63 responded with "Ahh it looks like my cross had a set of oakleaves attached at one time which it lost before it got to me, I was wondering why its ribbon has an extra stripe which I think represents the oakleaves grade."
            This cross is the same as the one Steiner63 owned. Please see attached photos and compare to photo of Steiner63's cross in above post.
            Best regards,
            Steve
            Attached Files

Comment

Schickle PLM in 2008

Please see photo below of this PLM from 2008 when Steiner63 owned it.

I concur that this is not the same award Les is referencing. But it is the same award with Oak Leaves attributed to Colson by Regular122 in the second photo I attached at beginning of this thread.

The two pin-holes below the "e" in "rite" make a good reference for comparison.

Best regards,
              Steve
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm following this thread to see where it's going. I have a 'silber' marked PlM that's most likely a 1920-30 Godet that has Schickle qualities so I'm always interested when I see PlM threads

Comment

Oak Leaves & Ribbon

Hi ccj,

I may have confused the issue by mentioning who owned this PLM previously; my intent was only to acknowledge that it had been discussed on this forum previously. The previous owners have no bearing on my questions posted above or my interest in this award.

I am interested to see if anyone can tell me something about the Oak Leaves pictured in the second photo and the ribbon pictured in the fourth photo above. I hoping someone can tell me who made the Oak Leaves and what period they are from (1920 or 1940)? I'm also looking to see if the ribbon is from 1920 or 1940 - or if it is even possible to tell?

Thanks & very best regards,
                  Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X