1870 Iron Cross frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1870 Iron Cross frames

I do not know if anyone have compared the different frames of the 1870 EK's, but I haven't had a good research project in a long time and it seems for me the frames haven't been discussed or studied so well besides the easily distinguishable Jubilee frame, the AWS and Alphabet frame.

Besides the 1870 frames, I've been looking at the A14 and B14 framed crosses as well.

I've been gathering pictures for some days now, but only done some quick comparing. Nevertheless, the small work I have done has already started to show some small results and led to conclusions.

My aim with this small work I'm doing, is to catalogue the frame variations, see which cores they use and to perhaps find out which of the frames found themselves in the 1914 counterparts. The Prinzens have been excluded from this small project of mine.

So far I have managed to make a list of at least 12 different frames, these do include the Alphabet frame, AWS, Jubilee, Lemcke frames and others.
    Some of the potential 12 are quite close, and might be the same frame but I haven't yet been able to compare them in detail and make a statement that they would be the same or different frames.

Sounds like fun, doesn't it?

I would wish for a little help, for example detailed photos I can use in my research. If you wish to help me, please message me and I'll hand over my e-mail address.

Great....a lot of work......

Is it not better to post the pictures here in the treat ?

Thanks for your work !

BR WW

Comment

Originally posted by WaltherW View Post
      Is it not better to post the pictures here in the treat ?
      Yes, I will when I'm ready, either the work as whole or then my work in smaller parts
      I wish to keep it organized, so that it may serve as future reference.

Comment

...i mean the people post their "helping pics" here in the treat

BR WW

Comment

Hi Dansson,

Looks like an interesting project. I only have the two A and B 1870 types.
          But I am very curious about the result. The fakes are getting better, so a good research is in mine opinion very important.......good work

If I can help with something else?.... let me know!

Comment

Yes, you can post the 1870 EK2's you wish to contribute in this thread. I will need sharp pictures so I can clearly distinguish each beading etc.

Some update:

During the now 5-6 first days of work I have managed to make some progress, I have managed to distinguish differences, catalogue and prove the existence so far of 4 different frames which so far haven't got a name or anything to my knowledge.

It's been very time consuming work, several hours each day past midnight It's time consuming so that I can make it an empirical study. I must be able to repeat results I have come to, that they can be considered legitimate. So I things must be done all over again and again in order to confirm the results and to see patterns. Naturally on different crosses of the same type.

Comment

Comment

II

Comment

III

Comment

IV

Comment

Thank you, good sharpness on these photos so these will be of great help!

Comment

EK II 1870 Type B
                        Attached Files

Comment

EKII 1870 Type A

EK II 1870 A- type (11).jpg

EK II 1870 A- type (13).jpg

Comment

Thanks Green!

Excellent quality on photos as well.

Thanks to the others as well who have been kind to e-mail me photos to use in my study

Comment

I just sent front and rear views of eight 1870s to your email.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X