Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's going on?

Hi!

I've had a quite a long pause on active collecting hobby. I have followed auctions results every now and then but not as actively as before. Now, when I've had a chance and time to follow the "industry" a bit more, I have - at least in my opinion - noticed that the activity around collecting orders has stepped down a bit (and in my country a lot) which can be seen in decreasing prices and probably because of that, decrease of rare / quality items available lately - at least in my collecting field (orders&decorations of certain countries/states)

Am I just missing something or getting paranoid, or have you noticed the same?

This is just a quick observation / opinion by me, I'd appreciate if others would comment how they feel about the current situation no matter what you collect in imperial items.

May be summer holidays? I am also selling on eBay, but didn't notice a significant decrease last months (excluding July/August, but lower activity in this period is usual). But agreed, that on Finnish Huuto the offer is really poor now - at least comparing with last two years.

regards
    Tom
    Last edited by tompress; 09-03-2017, 06:40 AM.

Comment

I have not been buying like I used to. For me and I'm sure with others
      in my area there is a bit of financial uncertainty. I live paycheck to paycheck
      and I don't feel like I can be spending much right now on things other than
      the necessities. ---- unless of coarse some really good deal comes along.

Comment

Had a long time away from buying what with the new house, another few kids, and various other expenses.
        Plus finding what I'm looking for is a big headache at the moment, mostly seems to be TR and WW1 everywhere I look, and outside of that just medals.

Comment

Originally posted by gregM View Post
          I have not been buying like I used to. For me and I'm sure with others
          in my area there is a bit of financial uncertainty. I live paycheck to paycheck
          and I don't feel like I can be spending much right now on things other than
          the necessities. ---- unless of coarse some really good deal comes along.

+1

This plus being side-lined with illness & other expenses for a bit, doing more window-shopping and browsing forum collections rather than buying much.

Not seeing much moving at the local antique stores around here either; same inventory month after month.

Comment

Originally posted by Sevrin View Post
            +1

This plus being side-lined with illness & other expenses for a bit, doing more window-shopping and browsing forum collections rather than buying much.

Not seeing much moving at the local antique stores around here either; same inventory month after month.
            Hope your health improves soon mate.

Comment

I've just started buying the odd Iron Cross or two after a break of about seven years and hope to get more but sadly my bonanza days of owning Knights Crosses and other high end stuff are sadly gone for good..that's life I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by Steiner63 View Post
                I've just started buying the odd Iron Cross or two after a break of about seven years and hope to get more but sadly my bonanza days of owning Knights Crosses and other high end stuff are sadly gone for good..that's life I guess..
                Pretty much the situation I'm in. I won't ever be buying one.

Comment

Originally posted by joelhall View Post
                  Hope your health improves soon mate.
                  Thank you

Doing quite better. Last few months were very stressful; had forgotten what that can do to one's health/well-being.

Comment

I've noticed a considerable decline in ebay offer of new items during summer holidays, and I assumed it's holidays idleness. As I don't have any extra money right now (holidays ...) I'm looking to start buying something again in this or next month.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X