Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original photos of damaged PLMs worn

Hello Gents,

As I'm attempting to build a case for my PLM being damaged more likely due to wear than by accident, are there any members who have a photo of a PLM or PLM/RK recipient wearing damaged medals?

Here's a pic of my Godet, a little worse for wear.

I would appreciate your pics very much.

Cheers,

Bill
    Attached Files

Image from somewhere around here.......von Blomberg
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is Schörner's PLM, which was bought by a member of this forum from his family if I recall:

Recipients wore damaged PLMs, but I don't think it'll be possible to say definitively how yours was damaged unless you find a real photo of the piece in wear (which would be great).
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I don't have a zoom available, but this might be the Haenicke photo referred to in a WAF thread from 26/4/2003 ("Again - Generals to identify"), describing damage.

Cheers,

Bill
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Eric and Trevor. Fingers crossed that a reader will show something tangible. I just want to prove that there is a distinctive type of wear/damage caused when officially worn.

Cheers,

Bill

Comment

The wear to the center back of Schorner's PLM was likely caused by wear against the top tunic button......which I understand was often left unbuttoned by neck order bearers for that reason.

The damage to the obverse of both posted PLMs was possibly due to the bumping and friction of another order being worn on top of them, like an RK. I can see no other reason that actual wear would cause this kind of enamel damage.

Comment

I seem to recall reading in David Irving's book on Rommel, [I]The Trail of the Fox[I]

that at some point in this research he came across Rommel's PLM and noticed it was chipped from the strafing by a British aircraft -- that the trauma of being thrown from the car caused it.

Steve
              ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
              X