World war 1 medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World war 1 medals

Good afternoon , I came across a collection of medals dating back to 1917. If you would , can anyone give me some history behind the medals? And the Maltese cross, I have no idea the actual name! I've only seen a couple pictures online ... thank you . Oops , did not know there is no option to post a pic.. the white cross with black ribbon is the one I don't know anything about. The other (2) is the victory medal with 4 bars .

Hello Ray;

The lack of photos is a hindrance, however from your descriptions lets see if we can guess the medals (crosses).

Maybe by looking up the photos of the crosses I suggest, you can tell me if they look like those examples. The first one might be an "Iron Cross" It is a mostly black Maltese cross with a silver frame.

You did say a, "white cross". Does it look like the "Order of St. John"?

In either case, there is a lot written about both awards and I'm sure you will be able to find everything you want to know about them.

Regarding your Victory medal, what battle bars does it have?

Comment

Medals

The victory medal has: montdidier-notion , aisle-Marne,st. Mihiel and defensive sector. There where two in this sale.

The Maltese cross is white with gold trim, black ribbon and its 4 pointed with a gold American eagle in the center. There where also two of these in the sale.

I also have a world war medal. On the back it's from New York dated 1917-1919 and has a number engraved on it #55997.

Hope that helps you help me. Thank you so much for your time!

Ps, I also got 1861 confederate money from Richmond.

Comment

White cross with gold trim and black ribbon

I found it online. It's the " knights of Malta Masonic medal"... I don't know the year.

Comment

One from the State of Illinois...

Attached Files
          RonR

Comment

Illinois

Do you know if all states have this medal? Mine do not have any bars. Thank you all very much for the information .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X