EK1, how rare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1, how rare?

Hello, this is not an usual EK construction. But is original? It comes in a leather case.

Thanks in advanced
    Mike
    Attached Files

more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

last pic
      Attached Files

Comment

I've never seen one like it before. I would guess that it probably started life
        as a normal cross as was modified by a jeweler. The big question is --when.
        Is it an old conversion or was it done in the last 20 years for unsuspecting
        collectors?

Personally, I like it. I see it as a private purchase piece from the 1920s but
        that is just a guess on my part.

Comment

Very interesting cross. I also believe it is indeed a private purchase piece. I recently read a book about an officer (Ernst Jünger). In this book he describe his WWI front experiences. He also describe the lost of his precious Iron Cross first class, during a battle. They did not want the lose them again. So yes, I think they some times (rich officers) order a cross with a special locking system. So I believe it is a wartime private purchase piece....why all this trouble in peace time??
          Not textbook crosses but beautiful one of a kind craftsman work pieces, like this one! But than again, this is only my point of few!

Do you have some more pictures of the case also?

Comment

Can we see some side pictures? Of soldering the frame halves? Thanks

Comment

Sorry I have not more pics of this piece

Regards
              Mike

Comment

I'm not convinced by it at all. Just looking at the reverse of the cross it is poorly made, the bottom post is offset and the frame is mishapen. I think it is a frankenstein.

Rich
                Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                Decorations of Germany

Comment

Thanks for all opinions, really I had doubts and I passed on it.

regards
                  Mike

Comment

With a piece like this one, there would always be a question of if was done
                    in the period or not. If the price was right, I might have taken a chance on it.

Comment

I probably would have skipped this one too.
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X