Waldeck 3rd/4th class discussion request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waldeck 3rd/4th class discussion request

I know this kind of topic is not popular and many unknown matters, I want to bring up some question and discussion since I have been working on this for a while and need to know what is fake.

So currently I have 3rd class and 4th class, the 3rd class is the Godet made textbook example so I have no doubt on this but the 4th class on that matter this is very problematic.
    The 4th class however it is not from Godet and suspect to be wearers copy(Zweitstück) if it is not fake, however the book that 'Gert Efler' wrote insist that there are Godet type and C.F Zimmermann type,
    in the book there were only example of Godet which means book doesn't tells us what does Zimmermann one looks like and it does even really exists.

So that said, it means this 4th class has the confusion of could be Zimmermann or just fake from 1970s or something, I tried to dig some more info on other side but obviously none of them,
    and I'm sure even most of the people here have no idea since it's not that much well known topic.

Down to the business, for this matter I bought the micro camera lens and took some of the pictures, I'll explain down side more and what I need is just some perspective.

This is all the book suggests, if I may add even some of the lesser examples in the book are repro just to show just how it looks.
    Whatsoever after I took the pic with micro lens I spotted some suspicion, 4th class seems a bit shabby and suspecting to be there are shear line on the edge.

Since the topic is topic I wouldn't expect professional opinion but perspectives.

For those who got some idea here are additional photo of the 4th class

That's all sorry for poor qulity of the picture, thanks for reading this.

Just like I expected no one knows..
    But I examined on enamel more, it seems the chip pattern suggests at least it's not modern enamel, however those known as 1970s fakes enamel haven't examined so I wouldn't make decision real quick like this.

So I'm thinking about get one of the 1970s fake and take a look at it and compare to each other, whatsoever even another fakes are hard to come by with fair price, and from what I know 1970s fake also had pretty shabby looking.

Here's the photo I additionally took thank you.

Comment

https://www.kuenker.de/de/archiv/stueck/57255

The same model been sold in Künker auction as genuine, this Künker auction sorted out 1970s fakes before(they know what they are doing), which means Künker concluded that there are nothing with 1970s fake with this piece.
      However still missing details brings up question that where did this came from, only by these records the only possible assumption is made by C.F. Zimmermann or Jewelers piece,
      so should I just be happy about the fact that this is not fake approved by Künker?

Well, Still lot to discover..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
      X