1914 EK collection Godet included.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1914 EK collection Godet included.

I would like to just show off my EKs, just for fun.
    The one with medal bar is marked with 800 on the ring when I checked, then there are WS 2nd class and everyone's favorite, the Godet EK 1st class.

I want some feedback about my quality of photography, I'm trying to show every detail possible if I can so feel free to poke me around!

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_i9cMlXiknBGppQK8B604EzVSQOZW64MPGF9TVcAH_cCqWgH5g ZKdLWxxaMvZX9S8uyyYqDzxzPnz1QMO1qWRJd3oWfepz-TfVdg0UqnuBoz8YOWWl7qEyrXT0FfYjvRLntvje3OGu-QFEtvlaZ_8cwcWz4TSz_5uL01TleVOXQC66ammXCZOHtpiOXZg oAhJew-GU***6My94PYlBwTtZw02J2cdf4JwPiFhSb63Sy4d86hxvsKs5 YmsPiQlESa-gTHHhCbjUMkMgyP1InoJXurCZ4JSmbCNHbXtz5Gs9BvHGBNPVS vE_7I49XLvQ754r3TQ2tPV5PEwm0eEvBoA3RYya6vgse-ZCaTdAntdRMNDeuPRy2slNuuJ1kP4JUphJvmHhVribwHvwyA10 SmR0fv8hgz6zERbXEwwsUDt7EK4z-rvwaiqrvZMtFyf6BfiC25LTOBeOrfDSMNf814zglppl29J9Y0r zd_84xsI_lr9D5lNUUZH37E3LeTgQB1qgHzegkX9PSI_yGHa2I uK-2sU6AXmzRerRai7uh8fsFSlrz69PMG3coF-xj-FfLcF1ft4qtKkpNjZH2PWMhYzx9T6fUA1IG_ZNuGT3SJ76w-vQeFyJpwc_mFlTTndXfRUhUf8EuUTN8btmqv55tilb1VhioiYX 3zhXjFe9Qvmw=w548-h972-no[/IMG]

+ I also took the photo with scanner

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
      You are showing off some pretty nice crosses. I like the dark patina,
      don't polish them. IMO the patina shows character and gives them more
      of a sense of they're 100 old year history.

I like what you are doing with your photos. I like the closer cropped pictures
      better than others. More cross, less map. The close up side views of the Godet
      Ek1 are especially nice as is the group shot of the medal bar and paperwork.
      ( #4-5 )

Comment

Originally posted by gregM View Post
        Welcome to the forum.
        You are showing off some pretty nice crosses. I like the dark patina,
        don't polish them. IMO the patina shows character and gives them more
        of a sense of they're 100 old year history.

I like what you are doing with your photos. I like the closer cropped pictures
        better than others. More cross, less map. The close up side views of the Godet
        Ek1 are especially nice as is the group shot of the medal bar and paperwork.
        ( #4-5 )
        Thanks for your comment!
        Your opinion is same as mine, patina is the true originality I wouldn't touch them ever unless it covers up every personality of the medal surface, also I think it is one of the originals specialty compare to those stupid mass production repros these days.

So I consider patina is the component part of the piece that shows us the beauty of aging.

And I appropriate your feedback on photo!
        Sometimes I miss the good pieces because of the sellers poor photos looks like just shove them in scanner and snap a button, I kinda realized showing the as is no more no less photography is also important since then.

Comment

Very nice crosses........beautiful pieces to start your collection. I like your creative way to make the pictures and using objects from the same time-period. I display my crosses the same way. I hope to see more from you in the future

Comment

Comment

Thank you both of you!

I just want to point out one of the picture with green lighting thing is actually cross reflected the tree bush outside through window, I kinda got amused by Godet again.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
              X