2-piece medal-bar EKII & Mecklenburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-piece medal-bar EKII & Mecklenburg

I like to show my newest acquisition. A 2-piece medal-bar with for me some nice surprises, a pumpkin crown and a Mecklenburg-Schwerin Friedrich Franz War Merit Cross 2nd Class 1914 with the very rare small letters" Kriege and Auszeichung im written on the backsite. ( I read that they are made by AWS)!
    I like the real wartime 2-piece medal-bars, without the Hindy

Hope you like it too
    Attached Files

Nice bar with both uncommon types Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by tompress View Post
      Nice bar with both uncommon types Congrats
      Thanks

Comment

Very cool. My two favs, EK and Mecklenburg. Kinda jealous now

Comment

Nice bar!

Comment

Originally posted by Green View Post
            I like the real wartime 2-piece medal-bars, without the Hindy
            I really like this as well. But, I don't think it's wartime, but likely from the 1920s. The Mecklenburg Kriegs-Verdienstkreuz with cross-hatched arms, instead of the usual pebbling is post war and private purchase. I've always like this type because of the fine details.

Comment

Very nice bar. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
                I really like this as well. But, I don't think it's wartime, but likely from the 1920s. The Mecklenburg Kriegs-Verdienstkreuz with cross-hatched arms, instead of the usual pebbling is post war and private purchase. I've always like this type because of the fine details.
                I agree with Bolewts regarding time period of manufacture

Congrats Green on this fine purchase of yours!

Comment

Thanks you guys.....much appreciate it. I am glad you like the bar too

I have read that there where only two manufactures, Zimmermann and AWS. Zimmerman made almost all the crosses (big letters)
                  Did not know if the Mecklenburg Kriegs-Verdienstkreuz with cross-hatched arms (AWS), instead of the usual pebbling is post war (1920) and a private purchase.

Comment

Exc

Very nice! Mecklenburg such a great looking decoration with that finish. Excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by Sevrin View Post
                      Very nice! Mecklenburg such a great looking decoration with that finish. Excellent!
                      Thanks

Comment

I forgot to mention that usually on this type of Mecklenburg Kreuz, the cross-hatching is only inside the beaded frame and that the outside frame, date, 'FF', reverse text, beaded frame and crown highlights are polished, fire-gilt.
                        The fact that the cross-hatching appears to extended past the beading to the outside frame on yours and except for the polished date and reverse text, the overall finish is matte gilt is an interesting anomaly.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
                          I forgot to mention that usually on this type of Mecklenburg Kreuz, the cross-hatching is only inside the beaded frame and that the outside frame, date, 'FF', reverse text, beaded frame and crown highlights are polished, fire-gilt.
                          The fact that the cross-hatching appears to extended past the beading to the outside frame on yours and except for the polished date and reverse text, the overall finish is matte gilt is an interesting anomaly.

It caught my eye also.
                          Also the crown is an unusual type. I saw a same example by Weitze as an converted Mecklenburg class II to an class I with disc:
                          K248622.jpg

K248622_1.jpg
                          Last edited by Green; 06-02-2017, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,764 at 12:35 PM on Today.

Working...
                          X