EKII 3-piece magnetic Otto Schickle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EKII 3-piece magnetic Otto Schickle

This cross arrived today and I hope that this is what I think it is.....a 3-piece magnetic EKII Otto Schickle?
    I have never seen one before and so I am a little bit excited I am looking very forward to your opinion!

EKII 1914 Magnetic 3-Part (2).jpg

EKII 1914 Magnetic 3-Part (3).jpg

Very nice cross, congrats.

From what I´ve learned, Otto Schickle started to make 3-piecers later in WW2. I saw some TR three piecers by him, so this is probably Imperial replacement cross from that era.

Comment

Originally posted by Miro O View Post
      Very nice cross, congrats.

From what I´ve learned, Otto Schickle started to make 3-piecers later in WW2. I saw some TR three piecers by him, so this is probably Imperial replacement cross from that era.
      Thanks much appreciated it
      You are right about the era! I have also a Schickle EKI 1914, magnetic and 3- piece from WW2!
      Last edited by Green; 05-16-2017, 01:19 PM.

Comment

A new one for me, looks to be in perfect condition, congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
          A new one for me, looks to be in perfect condition, congratulations.
          Thanks

Comment

Nice Otto Schickle this one is most likely made between early 1940 to mid 1941.

Comment

Originally posted by Dansson View Post
              Nice Otto Schickle this one is most likely made between early 1940 to mid 1941.
              Thanks
              "between early 1940 to mid 1941" how you know this so accurate?

Comment

Very nice Schickle. Yes, these are uncommon.
                Best regards,
                Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                  Very nice Schickle. Yes, these are uncommon.
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Green View Post
                    Thanks
                    "between early 1940 to mid 1941" how you know this so accurate?
                    Schickle made their Schinkel crosses and changed their design to a 3-peice from 1-piece Schinkels in around late 1939/early 1940. In mid 1941 the LDO stepped in and required all private purchase pieces to be marked with the manufacturers respective LDO marking (L/15 for Schickle). Obviously this is a private purchase piece and therefore dated before mid 1941.

As a side note, Schickle went out of EK business later in 1941 due to lack of quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Dansson View Post
                      Schickle made their Schinkel crosses and changed their design to a 3-peice from 1-piece Schinkels in around late 1939/early 1940. In mid 1941 the LDO stepped in and required all private purchase pieces to be marked with the manufacturers respective LDO marking (L/15 for Schickle). Obviously this is a private purchase piece and therefore dated before mid 1941.

As a side note, Schickle went out of EK business later in 1941 due to lack of quality.
                      Interesting info, thanks for sharing
                      The lack of quality was not meant for this cross.... I presume. I personally find this 3-piece cross from a fine quality. Even better than the one pieces before, but than again that´s my opinion! I hope to see an other one to compare, there have to be more of this type EKII 1914?

Like to show my EKI 3-piece magnetic Schickle. Now I must find the 3-piece with disc and than is my Schickle 1914 collection complete

EKI Schickle 1914 (3).jpg

EKI Schickle 1914 (4).jpg
                      Last edited by Green; 05-18-2017, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Otto Schickle closed up shop by running afoul of the party for unknown reasons at this time. Their quality was not an issue.
                        There Knight's Cross shown here attests to their top quality.
                        Attached Files
                        An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger 1 View Post
                          Otto Schickle closed up shop by running afoul of the party for unknown reasons at this time. Their quality was not an issue.
                          There Knight's Cross shown here attests to their top quality.

That is indeed a top quality Knight´s Cross ......and the rest, thanks for sharing and the extra information about Schickle

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X