General Major Victor Keller PLM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Major Victor Keller PLM

Hello, I'm looking for any history or bio. or photo of Pour le Merite holder Victor Keller. English language preferred. Thank You.
    Ed. Anderson,Jr.
    The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Sarcasm is just one of my many talents!

Awarded plm on 27.3.1918 as Oberst or Oberstlt and Chef des Generalstabes der Heeresgruppe Linsingen.

Born in Dillenburg on 11.07.1870
    Died on 11.08.1956 in Berlin–Charlottenburg.

Comment

He could be/is probably visible on this pic as this is the command group of Heeresgruppe Linsingen.
      Attached Files

Comment

A short history of the Heeresgruppe Linsingen can found here (in German):

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heeresgruppe_Linsingen

It basically states that it was a mixed German/Austrian army stationed on the Eastern Front and was involved mostly in defensive actions against the Russians in the Kowel area. It went on the offensive in 1918 capturing large areas of Ukraine. It was probably due to the latter success that Keller received the PLM. Some more information (in English) on the 1918 offensive can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Faustschlag
        Last edited by kaiserwilhelm2; 05-10-2017, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Thank You very much,great help. Regards, Ed.
          Ed. Anderson,Jr.
          The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Sarcasm is just one of my many talents!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X