Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25 oaks

Hi,

These were attached to a fake (9th bead) cross, but just checking if they are ok or not. Marked G.S. on the back, can't say in my limited experience, I have seen marks on the back before, so not a good sign??

Many thanks, Tim
    Attached Files

I believe those are good but they are unmarked I think.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
      I believe those are good but they are unmarked I think.
      Yeah. Not GS, but just 25 seen from the back side

greetings
      Tomasz

Comment

Doh! lol, of course...

I claim simply a long day and not much sleep the night before...

Thanks for the confirmation, I will be putting these up on the e-stand later in the week, if I miss price them (i.e. too high - too low will be the buyers lucky day) feel free to let me know.

Thanks again

Tim

Comment

Here are a few better photos, hoping to get a little more of a firm answer on this question. There appears to be a little copper tinge at the top, would these have been made from Cupal?
          Ralph.
          Attached Files

Comment

More.
            Attached Files

Comment

Last.
              Attached Files

Comment

I was wonder if there were cast ones and pressed ones? I know there are silver and copper ones.....
                The two I see here looks like to be cast ones.... or am I been wrong?
                Here is an example of mine. I thinks it is silver and from AWS!

IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

Comment

I hope I am wrong but from the better pictures of the backside, they
                  look cast to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gregM View Post
                    I hope I am wrong but from the better pictures of the backside, they
                    look cast to me.
                    I agree, doesn't look good to me.

Comment

Hi Ralph,

It's a bit hard to say because this type, which I associate with S&L, is generally of low quality. However, they are still stamped and not cast, and this one does appear cast as far as I can see. As we all know it's very hard to distinguish an original from a good cast of an original from photos alone, but overall I would not be happy with the set after seeing these better photos.

Also, Green: your oaks are very nice but not AWS types. They are (I think) Godet types.
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Thank you Trevor.
                        Ralph.

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                          Hi Ralph,

It's a bit hard to say because this type, which I associate with S&L, is generally of low quality. However, they are still stamped and not cast, and this one does appear cast as far as I can see. As we all know it's very hard to distinguish an original from a good cast of an original from photos alone, but overall I would not be happy with the set after seeing these better photos.

Also, Green: your oaks are very nice but not AWS types. They are (I think) Godet types.
                          Thanks, thought the oaks where from AWS......but indeed you are right! After reading this, I compared the oaks with the type list (User Komtur from SDA forum) and think I find a match with type 13. I assume type 13 is Godet?

Comment

Thanks for all the opinions and guidance.

It is clear now that the oaks are not a period set, so the sale has been canceled and the oaks destroyed.

Cheers, Tim

Comment

Just for comparison. Original oaks of this type, with broken prong though.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X