One Piece IC2C, Mounted, Max Reich.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Piece IC2C, Mounted, Max Reich.

I saw this on a friends stall and thought, MMMMMM interesting, let me know your thoughts gents
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

medal bar maker is from my city. I have found old picture of his shop, Ring 55.

greetings
      Tomasz
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Wow, very nice cross, and Tomasz's photo of the shop is the icing on the cake!
          Dale

Comment

I like the bar.
            I have one too but it is a larger one

Comment

You sure the EK2 is one-piece?

Originally posted by tompress View Post
              I have found old picture of his shop, Ring 55.
              Great photo. "Stamp Empire"
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                You sure the EK2 is one-piece?

Just had a better look and yep its one piece

Comment

if it is one piece it is cast from one of the generic cores found in Godet and Meybauer.
                  To me that would be a tell tale of a fake. Maybe the mount is real and a fake cross was added?

Kind regards,
                  Michel

Comment

Originally posted by morel5000 View Post
                    if it is one piece it is cast from one of the generic cores found in Godet and Meybauer.
                    To me that would be a tell tale of a fake. Maybe the mount is real and a fake cross was added?

Kind regards,
                    Michel
                    Michel, indeed, i found it of interest due to the core being a generic and found it slightly confussing that such a fake would be added to a very nice named mount when it would make more sense adding a cheap original, but hey sillyer things have been know to happen

Comment

Can you enlarge the photos of the shop windows so we can see the awards?
                      pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by tompress View Post
                        Hi,

medal bar maker is from my city. I have found old picture of his shop, Ring 55.

greetings
                        Tomasz
                        Great Photo

Comment

Originally posted by morel5000 View Post

Kind regards,
                          Michel
                          This is what I also think. Look at the frame edges, mainly between 9 and 12 o´clock arm. The misaligment of frame halves can be clearly seen. Original one piece cross can´t have misaligned edges, there is no reason for it. But this feature can be often seen on cast fakes made from misaligned original 3-piece crosses.

Plus, surface of the core is terribly executed, something you don´t see on any of accepted one-piecers. The leadish colour of the frame is also story telling.

I know particularly this type of "spangenblech" (metal body of the bar). There should be a hook under the ribbons. Very easy to mount and dismount, as well as to put the ribbon halves over the ring.
                          Last edited by Miro O; 05-07-2017, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don D. View Post
                            Can you enlarge the photos of the shop windows so we can see the awards?
                            Sorry, no higher resolution of this picture available (I have taken it form a website about local history). But I made two close-ups.

I have seen more medal bars with this name, Max Reich have also produced Silesian Eagles 1st and 2nd class, and some sport/events tinnies.

This house was destroyed during the siege of Breslau in 1945, but reconstructed in late 40s. There is a Spanish Restaurant now

Greetings
                            Tomasz
                            Attached Files

Comment

PS. Maker Stempel-Reich had the RZM code M9/122

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X