Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking infos on propeller

Hi,
    Sorry for the wierd question,is anybody here into WWl flight stuff? Would need advice on value of an original sigma austrohungarian fighter propeller..
    Thanks

a WHOLE propeller?! That is a specific piece that needs the right buyer. Someone with the space to hang that on the wall. But being a Central Power's fighter plane will certainly increase it's interest.

Which A-H plane is it from? What condition is it in? Are you looking to buy it or sell it?

Comment

I am looking to buy it.
      It's a Sigma propeller that was used on the inline Hiero engine mounted on the fighter Phonix.
      Since I have this bug..

http://184.172.36.50/forums/showthre...=1#post7783076

wanted to make an offer but no clue on collecting value.
      Sadly it has moth damage

Comment

saw it few weeks ago in a market
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

--
                Attached Files

Comment

.-
                  Attached Files

Comment

wonderful looking propeller! I didn't realize it had all these manufacturing markings/numbers and the labels on the blades!

It looks like it is for sale on a vendors table. Does he have a price? More than $100 but less than $1,000? I can't find a similar propeller that sold.

Those holes aren't caused by moths, they look like Powderpost beetle exit holes. The good news is that I think they are long gone, but keep an eye out for the tell-tale powder accumulations on the wood. That is a sure sign that you have active bugs, but they can be easily controlled without damaging the propeller.

Comment

Dont know the value of such items but how many more chances will you have to own a propeler like this (and a Pönix D. I for that). There is some damage but... I would say 1500+ and then it depens how many collectors are interested

Comment

That's super cool! The markings and numbers are very neat. I wonder it they are researchable beyond manufacturing site, but to what plane and/or unit it was delivered...

I have no idea on value, but I have a great spot for it ....

Comment

Hi Mario,

very nice piece. Complete propeller are nice but they take a lot of space.
                          Think about if you realy need this and have the space for this piece. At the end it will find a place in the basement.

I had the same thoguhts and came to the comclusion that it will be better to look for smaller items.

Kind regards
                          Aex

PS: I estimate this prop at about 1400-1600€

Comment

I am aware that this is not the same thing but I just sold a sopwith camel propeller for $5000 cdn to a local collector so I would say more than you have been quoted in the last post
                            Dave
                            http://www.militaryantiquestoronto.com

Comment

Thanks guys for your input
                              Thinking about it...space is not a problem ..it display great on a wall.
                              Guy is asking 2500 euro or better a museum offered that money so l should top that
                              Will see what to do ...something hardly resellable for sure but still a true piece of history....will decide
                              Regards Mario

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X