Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sturmbaon 11 Austrian Kappenabzeichen

Hi everyone,

I would like to know your opinions about this badge. Good one or fake?

Thanks in advance,
    Stefan
    Attached Files

Side shot of the pin.
    Attached Files

Comment

Any help appreciated. It shows very much detail but I do not have any other one to compare with.

Regards,
      Stefan

Comment

S

Questionable but I will look in one of my good reference books on this one , so far I don't think its a good piece .

Comment

S

X

Comment

Normally, you can tell the reproductions by the non-period pin assembly on the reverse and evidence of casting (poor details on the back). Also, most badges are maker marked.

Chip

Comment

Sturmtrupp

Based on my reference book by Christian ortner this badge is correct so I stand corrected . I am giving it a thumbs up . These were produced in stamped white sheet metal as this one is . One last thing and you can check the size 26.08 mm high and 31.75 mm wide . As long as your size is good then I would have no worries

Comment

I have five of these Sturm badges, but not this particular one, so I could make no definitive statement. The needle and catch look fine, I was just uncertain about the lack of really crisp stamping detail on the reverse. It does not look cast, however, so as with John, I think you are OK.

Chip

Comment

The measurments mentioned above are matching well to my badge. Thanks so far, gentlemen. Please keep in mind that this is a zoomed in image of a rather little badge. I think the details are sharp and I can guarantee it is not a casted one.
                  Chip - may you please post another one of those Sturmbaon 11 badges from your collection?

Best regards,
                  Stefan

Comment

Hi Stefan,

I mentioned that I do not have this particular one that you have shown. Here is a photo that has all five of mine in it.

Chip

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X