don't miss out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't miss out!

For the collector who has everything, the chance to get a copy of the VERY rare Von Richthofen PLM with, wait for it, Oakleaves AND swords AND diamonds. And all for 5 bucks.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WW1-WWI-WW...4AAOSwFNZW0jic

OK, that was just for the amusement of all, the real reason I am here is to ask about these: A miniature PLM. I am sure these are faked and misrepresented etc, but I would like an opinion on weather they seem OK and are of any value, or not? If they turn out to be bonafide, they will be for sale.

Thanks in advance, Tim
    Attached Files

Hi Tim,

Gee, I didn’t realize that PLM’s came with diamonds. I thought that they only went as high as oak leaves and swords…

Actually your post raises an interesting point with regard to miniatures. As I understand it (and I would ask more knowledgeable members to correct me if I am wrong), Imperial German miniatures are private purchase items. That is to say that none really qualify as “official issue”. At least I can’t think of any. Some have a better “pedigree” than others - such as a PLM miniature, of the period, by Godet. The real key to this is the workmanship.

I hope that this information is helpful.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Comment

lol, I think you may be right.

OK, thanks, I thought these might be hard to accurately date and place. They are nicely made, but not finely made, if that makes sense. I suspect impossible to know if they are contemporary or made last week...

Much appreciate your insights

Cheers, Tim

Comment

Hi Tim,

What are the dimensions on that little guy?

Best,

Jim

PS That Oakleaves/Swords/Diamonds PlM could not possibly be a von Richthofen piece, because I'm sure they would insist he actually had one of the red enamel types now on US eBay regularly!

Comment

Hi Jim, it's tiny - 15 mm across and the ribbon is about the same, 15mm wide

Cheers, Tim

PS I wonder if we gathered all the Richthoven awards, parts of his plane, personal items etc available on auction sites together, how big the warehouse would need to be....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X