X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ek 1813

Hello,

where I can check mark of EK 1813? I bought one last time.

No makers are known to the 1813 EK2. As the manufacturing and awarding process was more complex and not as simple as in 1939 or 1914.

Generally, the two award type cores Sans-serif and Serif cores were produced in Berlin and Gleiwitz, and the frames made by private jewellers and the crosses were akso assembled by them.

So collecting 1813 EK's by maker is impossible, as no names are known (to my knwoledge) of those who assembled them.

Collecting them by variations, which are named by collectors is however possible.

Yours is an original Serif cored cross.

Quite intresting to see how flawed the inside of the beadings are on your cross.

Comment

Originally posted by Dansson View Post
      No makers are known to the 1813 EK2. As the manufacturing and awarding process was more complex and not as simple as in 1939 or 1914.

Generally, the two award type cores Sans-serif and Serif cores were produced in Berlin and Gleiwitz, and the frames made by private jewellers and the crosses were akso assembled by them.

So collecting 1813 EK's by maker is impossible, as no names are known (to my knwoledge) of those who assembled them.

Collecting them by variations, which are named by collectors is however possible.

Quite intresting to see how flawed the inside of the beadings are on your cross.
      Thank you, I looked on Weitze site, with variations.

Comment

Hi,

for the early iron crosses I reccomend you the big book by Frank Wernitz.

greetings
        Tomasz

Comment

You can also check it against originals posted here -----

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=holy+grail

Comment

Great original cross.

If it were maker-marked you would be in trouble.
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by Dansson View Post

Thank you for sharing that information

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                Great original cross.

If it were maker-marked you would be in trouble.
                Thank you. Where is the best place to sell EK 1813? Could you help me?

Comment

Originally posted by gregM View Post
                  You can also check it against originals posted here -----

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=holy+grail
                  Great informations about EK 1813. Thank you. I will plan to sell EK 1813 on e-stand soon.

Comment

You have to be an association member to sell here. Contact Dave Suter if you wish to pay the dues. Sales threads are not allowed in the regular forums.
                    This thread is closed.
                    pseudo-expert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X