Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prussian Veterans 25 Year Medal

Hi all,

I wonder if you could tell me something about this medal in my collection - such as when it was made, by whom and when it would be worn etc?

I have established that it's for a Prussian veterans organisation but that's all I can say about it!

It depicts the Siegessaule above the number 25. Below is the Imperial eagle with the monogram FR on its chest, on a background of black and white.

The text on the ribbon reads "Preussischer Landes Kriegsverband". The plate which holds the ribbon is held in place with 2 pins and reads "GES. GESCH." Followed by the same text as the ribbon.

Cheers!

You_Doodle+_2017-03-18T00_40_42Z.jpg

You_Doodle+_2017-03-18T00_41_37Z.jpg

Technically it's not a medal, but pin/badge of Kyffhauser Bund, german vetran's organisation, for 25 years of membership.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyffh%C3%A4userbund

It doesn't show the Siegessaule (victory column in Berlin, comemorating victories in german unification wars), but memorial on Kyffhauser mountain in Thuringia. I'm not sure about period, it's either pre- or post-ww1.

Nice addition to any collection!

Comment

Thanks Valter,

I suppose I should recognise the siegessaule, since I've climbed it once. But it was a long time ago!

Thanks very much for the info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Yours in a little different from most, it looks to be unmarked for maker, they are made by Heinrich Timm of Berlin and as such have this marking on the back.

Comment

Hi,

this decoration is listed in Nimmergut's cataog "Abzeichen und Auszeichnungen Deutscher Kriegervereine 1880-1943", pos. 187 (page 131).

As the collegues mentioned before, this is a decoration for 25 years membership in Preussisches Landeskriegrverband, issued after 1918.

greetings
          Tomasz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
          X