Clear All

WWI Observer badge

Attached Files

Need help with this badge and case, case is junker marked, any good? Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

need help please

Comment

I can not help with the case, others can for sure but will probably need more and better photos of it. If it is fake it looks pretty good.

I feel sure that the badge is fake. It is for sure not a Juncker and it seems to be cast not struck. More so it is cast to resemble a 3 piece badge with a separate rayed backing plate (on the Real ones) by simply casting the ray design into the reverse of the badge. The enamel color of the flag on front actually looks pretty good and better than a lot of 1930s versions of this badge not to mention current fakes.

It may be the case that this is an older fake from the 50s or 60s.....I don't know as I can not recall seeing another made just like this one.

Comment

box
          Attached Files

Comment

box1
            Attached Files

Comment

Like i said earlier, I am not the person to evaluate the case, but I do not care for the covering material or texture, the fittings either in form or finish (hinge and catch) or the appearance of the top lining........the flocking looks pretty good to me! I feel sure it is not an Imperial case, but I can not say if it could be 1930s and suspect some of these badges were being offered and bought by veterans in the 50s and 60s when they were in their 60s and 70s.

Comment

Hi. I don't know about the case, however I am pretty sure the badge is no good. Regards, Ron.

Comment

Comment

The badge is almost certainly a bad one, the case could be ok ,I have seen this type of textured finish on the outer ' skin' before but something feels wrong about it,just a gut feeling. The badge would certainly not have been in a case like this anyway as it is pretending to be stamped issue piece and would not have been supplied in a box more likely just a paper packet. Ferg.

Comment

The case looks as though it has been sanded to make it appear worn. I would stay clear of it.
                      Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                      Decorations of Germany

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X