Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Reich Oaks to the PLM

Hello,

Stephen Previtera mentions on page 223 of Prussian Blue that there are Third Reich made Oaklleaves to the PLM. Can somebody provide with some photos and the maker(s)?

Dietrich
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Now I am looking for a scan/photoof a post-1918 Godet made Oakleaves to the PLM.

Thank you!
    Dietrich
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
      Now I am looking for a scan/photoof a post-1918 Godet made Oakleaves to the PLM.

Thank you!
      Dietrich
      Hi D

Andreas may have more info http://medalnet.blogspot.co.nz/2014/...rders-and.html

Comment

Hi Dietrich,

Well...if you were to ask Helmut Weitze, I believe he would say this is a 1920s Godet PlM, and thus the Oaks might be contemporary, 20's or later:

The Oaks are obviously standard "pre-1918" silver type Godet Oaks--or yet another brilliant forgery to go with the PlM, as some would have it In case you haven't read the "Much That Once Was..." thread and don't have a lot of time on your hands, will spare you the gory details.

Since Godet had the pre-1918 dies in one form or another of the company, presumably up to at least 1940, not sure they would need to make new dies or that one could tell if the Oaks were thus made 1917 or 1937. My digging for evidence of what PlM forms may have been manufactured 1920-1939 has not revealed any alternative Oaks, though one could imagine if some were needed they would just turn to the RK type?

Best,

Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X