Show your battle damaged awards!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mike,

Sorry, don't know. As I understand it, the story is OK, I guess that's easy to verify, just the RK was rotten. As to if the cross is real and was 'plugged' to enhance the story, or it's a repo cross, don't know. In the 'Iron Time' the cross certainly looks like a Junkers, but they don't show the # corners, so couldn't say for sure.

Mind you, as was discussed on previous threads over in the crosses forum, It was an honest mistake by Mr Previtera, and shouldn't detract from the books substance.

Regards,
    Tim

PS : agree Dez, impossible to verify, unless you were the one that 'took the shot'. Personally, I have mine just for something diferent, and treat it as probably manufactured. Still, I find them interesting.

Hey Rick ! You got any cased St Henry's with a bullet through them??

Comment

not exactly an award per-say...

Here was on of the more interesting items that was found near the aid station for the 'Wiking' division in Budapest Hungary.

http://www.auction.2y.net/user/eindecker/ssbuckle.jpg

Comment

Yeesh!

My blood chills at the thought of a bullet through one of my St. Henry's!! (or it's case!)

Comment

Calm down stogie, as long as you don't wear your St. Henrys in Iraq they are safe!!

Comment

hello,
            a lot of interesting battle damaged decorations.

but one thing i disagree: its about the knights cross of the ironcross from Major Wolf-Werner Graf von der Schulenburg
            to my informations its an original with it's not for sale, its in the german historical museum in the zeughaus from berlin where you can look at it.
            hope i could help. chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X