Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial Zeppelin Badge

Sirs,

I have a person who is interested in working a trade that would include this zeppelin badge.

It came from a flea market at a good price along with some other items and I have no information or story to go with it.

This item is so far outside my area of knowledge that I cannot in good conscious say that it is original or put it on the trade table as such.

The other party is also not able to properly evaluate the badge. So, as much as I would like to assume that it is genuine because it certainly looks old, I know that it could be: 1) an original WWI badge, 2) a replacement from the 20s-40s, or 3) a replica made to look old.

If anyone with knowledge on this subject would be willing to weigh in, I would greatly appreciate it.

Kind Regards and Thanks in Advance,

Z
    Attached Files

A crude fake.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Fit only for the bin.

Comment

Well thanks gents. I can't say I'm surprised, even though I was hoping for a different answer. I rarely have luck finding a real gem for a little of nothing at the flea market.

I've sent the interested party a link to this thread. So now with full disclosure that this is beyond any reasonable doubt a fake, he can decide if he is interested in it as a place holder, curiosity, or whatever.

I appreciate your time in posting the responses,

Z

Comment

Originally posted by Don D. View Post
          A crude fake.
          And that was my fear.
          Thank you,
          Eric

Comment

repro badge

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X