Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please some 2nd opinions on this WWI medal bar

Hi Guys,

Would like to know if you think everything is original. Informed opinions much appreciated.

Cheers, W
    Attached Files

Hi,

I see no red flags. Nice bar and as a bonus without the Hindy!

Comment

Originally posted by morel5000 View Post
      Hi,

I see no red flags. Nice bar and as a bonus without the Hindy!
      Thanks for your reply. I too hate the f-ing Hindy - wish they never introduced that piece of c....

Comment

Agreed, is all right here Probably the bar is older than the Hindenburg Cross

greetings
        Tomasz

Comment

And of a pproud Bavarian considering the order, MVK in first place. The ek2 is a KO and the MVK is Weiss and Co? I see the small O at the backside of the sword(right top looking from the back)

Comment

I like the medalbar. Excellent condition. Whats the 4th ribbon on the ribbonbar for?

Comment

Originally posted by morel5000 View Post
              And of a pproud Bavarian considering the order, MVK in first place. The ek2 is a KO and the MVK is Weiss and Co? I see the small O at the backside of the sword(right top looking from the back)
              Before 1918 Laenderorden were always put first according to where the recipient came from. So someone from Sachsen would put those of Sachsen first and those from Bavaria, Bavarian first. As the EK2 1914 is a Prussian order only those from Prussia would put the EK2 first (if that was their highest Prussian order).

Comment

Originally posted by mailman View Post
                /.../ Whats the 4th ribbon on the ribbonbar for?
                Probably of a Bavarian Kriegerverein (Veterans Association) cross or regimental jubilee medal.

greetings
                Tomasz

Comment

Originally posted by mailman View Post
                  I like the medalbar. Excellent condition. Whats the 4th ribbon on the ribbonbar for?
                  This ribbon was also used for the Commemorative Medal for the Headquarters Company (Stabskompanie) of Freikorps von Epp.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X