Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EKII 1914 one piece construction

Hi,

I am not really sure what I should think of this piece here, on the first sight it looks good, on the second?

Your opinions are well appereciated gents

Thanks

Matt

No opinions?

Matt

Comment

Hi Matt,

It´s a fake. It mostly appears with 1870 date (you can find them few on ebay anytime), but sometimes can be seen even with 1813 (blank) or 1914 core.

Comment

Hi Miro,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Matt

Comment

I guy I know calls them port hole crowns, but I think there is another term used here. I have not seen a second class one for a while, they mostly come as 1st class.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
            I guy I know calls them port hole crowns, but I think there is another term used here. I have not seen a second class one for a while, they mostly come as 1st class.
            You are right, it often appears as 1st class with fantasy marking DESCHLERSOHN, that´s why it is called Deschlersohn fake.

Comment

Agree, a fake.

What does the reverse look like?
              Just out of interest.

Comment

One of the common fakes on ebay right now and yes, it is usually
                referred to as the Pot hole fake.

Comment

why?

Why would someone go to all the trouble to fake a common award like a 2nd class EK? So...if you were going to fake one, at least use a decently detailed core. It's child-like, or childish? Don't you wonder about the mind that puts these ideas together, creates, and then distributes them?

It's almost as silly as letting your housekeeper print out a top secret email so you can have time to read them when you get home?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X