EK2 Document and Medal Ribbon Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Document and Medal Ribbon Bar

How much would something like this go for?There is a bidding war going on right now for it and it's up to 105.00. I like it but I don't know when it would be too much with something like this.
    Attached Files

Oh well, it's over now. I wasn't going to pay over 105.00 to get it. I looked on other threads about these kind of documents and it looked like it depended on who signed it, if it was typed or a fancier type of document. Most looked like they went for around 50.00.

Comment

Stephen,

Some document collectors are pretty sophisticated in what they are looking for. On this one, the key may have been the unit, which, try as I may, I could not decipher. It was "....rungs Bataillon 176".

On the other hand, there are also collectors that have no idea what something is worth and just "like" the item and will pay whatever with no rhyme or reason.

Chip

Comment

Armierungs Bataillon ??? maybe.

It does have a pencil signature of General Freiherr von Watter. But, these are actually fairly common. He did sign a lot of documents. I really don't get the price paid for this. IMO it should be about 50-65 EUR.

Comment

Thanks guys for letting me know. I knew the price was just getting too high and it just wasn't worth it. It was worth it to somebody for that amount, just not me.

Comment

I have personally "overpaid" on paperitems, Urkunden and Militärpaßes, because it had more like a personal value, for example many wouldn't be ready to pay extra for an EK2 Urkunde that was awarded in 1916 for a guy who fought in the Waben-Gräben in the Fleury area. But I would pay.

So personal value might be one reason, or lack of knowledge of the value.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X