No announcement yet.

Medal Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably a Prussian with a Wuertemburg connection.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Hi,

I have found a bar with almost the same decorations (long service medal is of lower class), but another sequence: with Hindy at the end

regards
      Tomasz
      Attached Files

Comment

I know the ribbon patina is always something to look at and to me it looks pretty consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Don D. View Post
          Probably a Prussian with a Wuertemburg connection.
          Or given the high status (at the time) of the Hindy, it may have just been a choice of the recipient. Or, it could just be a mistake by the mounter, which happened more often than people think.

IMO, it's perfectly ok.

Comment

Okay guys thanks for explaining the medal bar further, I feel better and of course it didn't cost that much so I'm not that worried about it. I will take a good look at it when I get it like the stiching on the back. I was just looking for an WW1 EK2 but I ended up with four medals of that period with original ribbons which I am very happy about. With the single medals you never know about the ribbons if they were replaced or not. I think with the medal bars there is more of a chance of the ribbons being original to the medals. I am very pleased with the purchase and with the seller holding the medal bar for me. Thanks for everbody's comments, I learned a little as well!!

Comment

IMO, I think it all looks good as well.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,687 at 02:12 PM on Today.

Working...
              X