Help With U-Boat personnel lists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With U-Boat personnel lists?

I am trying to find out if an individual served on one of three patrols of the U. 93.
    He would have likely served on the first two patrols since U.93 was sunk on the third one. (Although it is possible he was on the third.

Can someone help or point me to a research site? Thanks.

Unless it was an officer there is little chance of finding the info.
    Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

You might want to check here, but the information on personnel lists are thin.

http://uboat.net/wwi/boats/successes/u93.html

There may be some books on North Sea/Atlantic U-boat action, but that my require some digging with a book seller.

Comment

Thanks to you both.

Comment

Iron Cross Awards

This individual was an officer, Lt., and also was awarded an EK1. I do not know the date awarded. Does this info have any possibilities--a list of EK1 awards for the Imperial Navy?

Comment

The 1918 Navy Ranklists would/should show if he had an EK. What is the name?
            Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Chepurko View Post
              The 1918 Navy Ranklists would/should show if he had an EK. What is the name?
              Hi Paul and thanks for jumping in. His name was Lt. K. Ludwig and he served on U-93 in WWI. There was also a U-93 in WWII. I have an engraved EK1 and everything looks ok, the engraving is of the period, or seems to be. The maker was KAG. I bought it in Cape May NJ and most of the seller's other items looked legit. Let me know what you find out. Thank you. Doug See

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,687 at 02:12 PM on Today.

Working...
              X