Help with medal ID please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with medal ID please

Can anyone help identify the medal under the blue/white ribbon on this medal bar?
    Attached Files

reverse...
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice medal. It has something to do with a railway being made to Bagdad in September 1916...

Comment

As Rex above stated, it's an unofficial German commemorative @1917. It is a "place filler" for a Bavarian enlisted long service medal-which was about the same size.

Comment

Wow -- interesting. So is this medal completely out of place here? i.e., not something that one would likely find on a German (Bavarian) Medal bar?

Can someone post a picture of what medal should go under that ribbon, and are they difficult to find?

Thanks!!

Herc

Comment

Originally posted by Herc1
            Wow -- interesting. So is this medal completely out of place here? i.e., not something that one would likely find on a German (Bavarian) Medal bar?

Can someone post a picture of what medal should go under that ribbon, and are they difficult to find?

Thanks!!

Herc
            It shouldn't really be all that hard to find, here is a thread that has a picture of one. They differ a bit based upon which class they were (i.e. how long the long service was), and I'll let someone more knowledgable speak to what the most likely grade would be.

--Chris

Comment

Originally posted by landsknechte
              It shouldn't really be all that hard to find, here is a thread that has a picture of one. They differ a bit based upon which class they were (i.e. how long the long service was), and I'll let someone more knowledgable speak to what the most likely grade would be.

--Chris
              Depends upon what that BMVK is- but most likely lowest class-shortest time.
              The commemorative is interesting though, can I see the inscription?

Comment

Thanks Chris, but no pictures on the thread when I clicked on it(?)

The back of the "odd" medal reads, "TAVRVS DVRCH-SCHLAG DEZEMBER 1916"

It's a nice medal bar -- even has the matching ribbon bar. I'd like to find the correct medal for it though...
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files
                  -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Perfect - Thanks!

Comment

Kai Winkler has a couple.

$35 each. He has a special going on right now; 1 euro = 1 dollar.
                      -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Wow -- inside information to boot! I'll check out his site.

Thanks again gang.

Herc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X