Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K. A. G.

Colleagues,
    Are there any hypotheses on who the 1914 EK manufacturer K.A.G. is (was)?
    Regards,
    G.

Nicolai Konstantinov, well known Russian collector and researcher, came with info that K. A. G. is Franz Kühmayer A.G. Pozsony (now Bratislava, Slovakia, that time Pozsony, Austria-Hungary).

He stated this on one German forum and promised to show the evidence in his new book. In the meantime, the book was published (in Russian), but I haven´t seen it so far, so I can´t agree or disagree with his finds.

Comment

Thank you for your reply Miro.
      I have seen Konstantinov's post on the German forum. It is what, 3 to 4 years old now? I guess we will just have to wait until someone gets a look at his book and see if there was anything to his claim.
      It also seems that there are not any further thoughts here, at least.
      Regards,
      G.

Comment

That seems unlikely. According to Frank Wernitz's book, K.A.G was one of the official suppliers of the army. But by the end of 1916, only the companies from Berlin were approved as makers of Iron Crosses. Manufacturers from other German cities have sought from the beginning of the war that they can deliver Iron Crosses officially - but were approved only since 1.1.1917. That was just a good business, and the German manufacturers have even fought among themselves for the market. In these circumstances is unlikely that a manufacturer from abroad was a legal trader of Iron Cross.

Comment

"That seems unlikely. According to Frank Wernitz's book........"

I agree.

Regards,
          G.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X