BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German WW1 Dog Tags from an old Collection ! Not digged !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German WW1 Dog Tags from an old Collection ! Not digged !

Hi Guys. I had the Opportunity to buy a part of an old german Dog-Tag Collection. I knew the Previous Owner, who sadly passed away last Year. None of these Tags have been found with metal Detectors, they are all Vets-Attic-flea Markets finds for Decades ! And even if all are not very rare, they are ALL ORIGINALS. I will keep some of them for me, and the others will be sold on Ebay (some are already sold). Before they find a new Home, mine or Other, I think it is interesting to share it with the Collector's Community !

I will start the same Thread in "Wehrpass § Soldbuch", because they are some nice WW2 Tags too !!

First, what appears to me to be a Pilot, or at least "Fliegendes Personal".

"Fernaufklärungs 213" ??
    Attached Files

A nice "Juwelier-made" Officer Tag, unfortunately without Unit
    Attached Files

Comment

22.Bayerisches Inf.Rgt.22, 10.Kompanie. Thiner Metal Sheet as usual.
      Attached Files

Comment

Bayerische-Feld-Art.Rgt.1 / 1.Batterie.
        Attached Files

Comment

2.Ersatz-Bataillon / Bayer.5.Inf.Rgt. / Rekruten-Depot 1.
          Attached Files

Comment

I think the first one may be a Fernsprech Nachrichten Abteilung/Unit ?

Comment

Thank you Chris. A good Proposal. I really don't know. I have checked in the Book "Casualties of the German Air Service (Edition Grub Street Ldn)" and saw that the "F.A.213" was anb existing Unit... So I don't know.

Now for you, one that I am quite sure about the Significance and which may be quaite uncommon : Bayerische-Luftschiffer-Ers.Abt. So.... more simple... a "ballon Unit" IMO !
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice tags. I always enjoy seeing the wide variation of stamping styles.

Chip

Comment

Thanks Chip. You are right, the Idea of starting a Collection came through my mind... but I already have a lot (too much) of interesting Thematics.... and the budget is not unlimited, so... Here is a nice one for you.. Front made ??
                  Attached Files

Comment

Another one : Reserve-Infanterie-Rgt 222 / I.M.G.Kp. Both sides engraved. Unfortunately, it has been varnished, I will remove it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

THis one seems me to be extremely rare : Kgl.Bayerisches-SEILBAHN.Abteilung Nr.108 !! I am not able to translate "Seilbahn" in english, excuse me. Perhaps "funicular" ??? or "cable-Runway" ??
                      Attached Files

Comment

# 11

Seilbahn - cableway, ropeway or cable railway

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks Gerdan, you confirm what I was Thinking... The "Seilbahn-Guys" were primarly depending from Eisenbahn-Units.

Here is another I find nice, because it is a very youn guy born 1897 in Niederjeutz Kreis Diedenhofen. Lothringen/Lorraine. Nowadays Basse-Yutz by Thionville. He was integrated to the Ers.Btl. Fussartillerie-Rgt.1 (Rekruten Depot)
                          Attached Files

Comment

The Seilbahn units were the ones that operated (and perhaps constructed) the cable lifts used in the mountains to bring men, weapons and supplies up. I have a photo marked to such a unit in the Vosges mountains. A very specialized unit.

Chip

Comment

Hermann Meyer from Harburg (Suburbs of Hamburg). Preusen (written only with one "s"). Born 1893. 2.Ersatz-Maschinengewehr-Kompanie / 18.Armeekorps"
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X