X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible combination?

Hi for All!
    Medalbar with blue backplating.
    I've never saw Landver DA 20 years and Army DA 25 years on the one medalbar.
    Is it possible?

Thank You!

Alex Ponomarev

Backside...

Nice bar-screams "original" to me. I would suppose that hypothetically it would be possible to obtain both as some sort of Wachtmeister/Warrent Officer who went in @1875 and then retired to a policeman's job and did Lt. d. Landwehr service through 1914-1918. Either that or we're looking at some sort of Asst. Arzt. Somebody could've nicked the Crown Order and the REo though and replaced them.
    In August 1914 the Army made the (up to then exclusively) officers' 25 year service cross available to all career NCOs-but then suspended awards for the duration.
    I'd be interested to see what "the Master" thought. This is one of those "instinct" bars I reckon.

Comment

I agree of course with Jeffs judgement. Construction looks ok to me, but i think, the ribbon of the Landwehr-cross is a bit too light!? Like Jeff said, somebody could have replaced the RAO and the CO. I would also be interested to hear, what the "voice" has to say...

best,
      Gerd

Comment

in some way i agree with you all, but the ribbon for the army long service medal is between the PRAO and the PKO - so why should they be separated?
        because the 3 ribbon is definately the wrong blue for the PKO and only the right of the 2 blue ribbons would fit.
        i believe its an original one with a big question how the bar looked in earlier days.

christian

Comment

May be number 4 must be the PKOmedal?

Comment

2 long service awards on the same bar should have the same ribbon color.
            I also think there was a Crown Order medal on it.

Blue backing indicates Navy and the Crown Order Medal went quite often to Navy NCO´s.

Best regards
            Daniel

Comment

Thank You Daniel!

Alex Ponomarev

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X