Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order of the Black Eagle

What? Were you expecting a Garde stern?
    I've been looking at this nice little piece for a while now, with the help of a few members and experts I finally grew the balls and bought it (overpaid is probably a better term given the seller) here are some photos.

Now the real debate begins...
    According to the original owner it was found alongside a Russian made blue max, this leads me to believe that the medal is of Russian manufacture, if I'm not mistaken this would also explain the screw back, from what I've heard the Russians have an affinity for them. However the manager over at Emedals had the hunch that it was of French manufacture, perhaps but I believe the Russian connection makes more sense. I'd love to hear any theories on it!

Lastly, does anyone have any photos of miniature Black eagle orders? If so post em, I'm sure everyone would love to see them!

Lastly I must thank Trevor and Andreas for educating me on this little piece!
    Thanks and post em pictures and opinions!
    Bertolt Brecht.

Congratulations Bertolt, you got it

I've seen and held this piece when it was on Andreas' table at the SOS. I like it a lot.

I've always imagined this little piece -- and it is quite little -- was in the collection of some royalty, perhaps not German royalty but some allied house. It has a wonderful look and feel to it and I agree it's likely not of German manufacture.

I also suspect it's Russian, but I am no expert. But apart from the finned disc, which is definitely a Russian favorite, there's the fact that Russians had a penchant for making foreign orders very small, and with different design cues than the Prussian originals.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X