Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imperial museum that has artifacts from the Royal (Kaiser's) family

Hello,

I will be in Germany for a short business trip this fall and wanted to find out the best imperial museum that has artifacts from the Royal (Kaiser's) family. I did a bit of searching and none popped up.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

thank J

I don't think there's anything in Germany as the Kaiser is not well-liked. Most of his uniforms and artifacts are at Huis Doorn in the Netherlands.

Comment

Here's an article from 2000.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ing-place.html

Comment

But it's still there - 16 years later.
        Somebody seems to pay for it...
        Regards
        Hagrid

Comment

Yes it's still there, but a strange attitude by Germany? I would have thought the museum would have been welcome if not the body.

Comment

Originally posted by reichenberg View Post
            Yes it's still there, but a strange attitude by Germany? I would have thought the museum would have been welcome if not the body.
            you should remember how many millions dead people that man has on his name .

and basically misled, exploited , ruined and betrayed Germany fore his own ambitions .

K

Comment

My u-boot vet friend Edgar said "the Kaiser was a coward and bailed out on the country!!". He has no love for the Kaiser, and so does many of his family and friends

Comment

http://www.burg-hohenzollern.com/startpage.html The ancestral home is still in the family and open to the public, with some areas set aside for museum displays. The Prussian crown is there, so are many of Wilhelm I's medals, etc. It's not that far from either Stuttgart or Frankfurt a/M.

Comment

Burg Hohenzollern

Went there many years ago, beautiful castle. They do have a Grand Cross and several other medals on display there.

Comment

Originally posted by Montgomery Burns View Post
                    you should remember how many millions dead people that man has on his name .

and basically misled, exploited , ruined and betrayed Germany fore his own ambitions .

K
                    Sorry to say, but what a simple and stupid solution for a complicated and complex historical event like WWI...

Regards, Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,721 at 02:31 PM on Today.

Working...
                    X