Medal bar of Inf.-Oberst Reinhard von Stockhausen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Claudio Ortelli
    A detail of the reverse of the Centenar medal. As you can see there is a hook soldered to this medal... why? Very strange...
    So the owner could attach a guy wire to the end of it for added structural support?

--Chris

Comment

Stunning!

I look forward to holding on to a piece like this some day.

Perhaps the Centererary medal was attached to the ribbon at one time...
      Attached Files
      -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Picture of von Stockhausen!

Dear imperialoids,

An update: in Stuttgart, during the Militaria show, I was fortunate enough to receive from Thies a picture who found it by coincidence. So now I can put a face to my medal bar. Notice that he's wearing the Pickelhaube of the Leibgarde Regt. Nr. 115 (1. Grossherzogl. Hessisches) the very rare (only 22!!!) Offizierskreuz mit Schwertern of the Verdienstkreuz (Waldeck) and the Offizierskreuz of the Greifen-Orden (Mecklenburg-Schwerin).

Beautiful picture, very likely taken immediately after WWI. The medal bar is the same one as worn by him!!! I am happy collector...

Ciao,

Claudio
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice to have a face to go with the medal bar, Claudio.

When he had the Waldeck Officers cross, wasn´t it likely, that he had a Waldeck knights as well? If so, i wonder, why he chose not to wear it on his medal bar. Was it necessary to have a Knights cross to get the Officers cross?

best,
          Gerd

PS: It was nice to meet you in Stuttgart. We missed you later at the beerstand and in the Steak-house.

Comment

<marquee behavior=alternate> </marquee>

WOW!!!! His face and THE medal bar!!!! That happens so incredibly rarely!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Non-native state Orders were granted to recipients on the basis of their rank at the time--that's why the different grades of peacetime awards. In fact, when we encounter different grades of peacetime Orders, that's what helps in hunting down an unknown, knowing Soandso had to be a Lieutenant for THIS and a Hauptmann for THAT-- and so indicating a path of transfers, if we are lucky. His Waldeck was bestowed 24 July 1915 as Oberstleutnant iG, Chief of the General Staff of the Vth Reserve Corps.

Comment

Thanks, Rick

Comment

Oberst von Stockhausen

Claudio,

some bits and pieces on Oberst von Stockhausen.

A former Groß-Lichterfeld Cadet, he entered Füsiler-Regiment Nr. 73 on the 22 of March 1887:

char. Portepee-Fähnrich: 22.3.87
                Portepee-Fähnrich: 15.11.87
                Sekeondlieutenant: 19.9.88
                Premierlieutenant: 27.1.96
                Hauptmann: 18.7.02 N2n
                Major: 25.7.10 K
                Oberstleutnant: 22.3.15 N
                Oberst: 22.3.18 Tt

He probably picked up so many decorations on account of his various adjutant positions in peacetime including Adjutant of III./F.R. 73, Regimental Adjutant of F.R. 73, Adjutant of the 40. Infanterie-Brigade and Adjutant of the 17. Division. At the outbreak of war he was commanding III./I.R. 91 and was then appointed commander of "Feste Boyen". In November 1916 he assumed command of the newly formed I.R. 456.

Although I hate to contradict my good friend Rick, he was not the Adjutant of the V. Reserve-Corps; that was Oberstleutnant Ernst von Stockhausen, later ARKO 105 and a retired Generalleutnant.

Regards
                Glenn

Comment

Thank you very much, Glenn, for your valuable help!

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Outstanding Bar ..... Wish I Owned It!
                    Sincerely, Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X