Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal bar of Inf.-Oberst Reinhard von Stockhausen

Dear forumites,

I still have something to show to you, actually I left it for the end... as it's the favorite piece of my latest purchases.

It's a medal bar of the Oberst Reinhard von Stockhausen. Here's the description of the medals:

1) Eisernes Kreuz 1914, 2.Klasse (OEK 1909)
    2) Oldenburg, Friedrich August-Kreuz 2. Klasse am Kämpferband (OEK 1564)
    3) Sachsen-Königreich, Ritterkreuz 1. Kl. mit Krone und Schwertern (OEK 2209)
    4) Roter Adler Orden, 4. Klasse mit Krone (OEK 1706)
    5) DA-Kreuz für 25 Jahre der Offiziere, 3. Modell (OEK 1970)
    6) Hessen-Darmstadt, Orden Philipps des Großmütigen, RK 1. Klasse (OEK 828)
    7) Dänemark, Dannebrog Orden, Ritterkreuz, Christian X, Gold
    8) Braunschweig, Orden Heinrich des Löwen, Ritterkreuz 2. Klasse (OEK 594)
    9) Sächsische Herzogtümer, SEHO Ritterkreuz 2. Klasse (OEK 2477)
    10) Preussen, Centenarmedaille 1897 (OEK 1965)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
    Attached Files

Claudio, you own this one??? Jesus... WHAT A MEDAL-BAR!!!

Comment

Jens,

No, it isn't Jesus' bar ... it's mine for the moment. We collectors, we just borrow these remarkable pieces in order to preserve history and pass them on... Thank you for your kind comment. I am posting more detailed pictures for your enjoyment!

Ciao,

Claudio

Detail medals (right):
      Attached Files

Comment

Detail medals (centre):
        Attached Files

Comment

Detail medals (left):
          Attached Files

Comment

A detail of the reverse of the Centenar medal. As you can see there is a hook soldered to this medal... why? Very strange...
            Attached Files

Comment

Of course you are right Claudio. We are only the temporary owners and hope that the future we pass the items on will handle them with the same respect we did. Really a GREAT bar!!!

Comment

Another shot showing the "hook" on the reverse of the Centenar-Medaille 1897. Was it meant to fix the bar better to the uniform? I have never seen such thing before!
                Attached Files

Comment

Btw. is the Centenarmedaille a "Prinzengröße"? It looks so small...?!?

Comment

@ Jens: that is my way of seeing it...

I have found some details on the wearer (Oberst von Stockhausen) on the Ranglisten (1913) but not much. I would appreciate very much if somebody could provide me more info on this officer's career.

Thanks for looking and I am looking forward to your comments and additionals infos.

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

unbelievable beauty!!!!!!!!!!

i think the hook on the centenail medal was attached, that the medal can be fixed at the ring and at the hook - so no movemend for the heavy medal and no damage to the enamel decorations next to the medal (perhaps the bar was made new, after he got some other decorations and he didn't change the centenial medal - and the tailor didn't see the need to fix the centenail medal twice - and now the hook is there without real "work")

christian

Comment

Wow! A fantastic bar, Claudio...really exceptional. Just glad I didn't have a big brunch today

Can't wait to hear details of what must have been some impressive service.

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

No words to describe it.

Comment

What? Jesus´s medal-bar?I knew, after the royal medal bar, this had to be a hit, but Jesus´s medal bar??? WOW! Shouldn´t he have some kind of vatikan-medal? Thats a fake, Claudio, send it to me, i will dispose it. What a shame.....

Seriously, great medal bar . Seems, like Denmark was closer to him than Saxon or Brunswick. I would agree with Christian, the hook on the centenary-medal is to keep it away from dangling and damaging the Saxon cross.

best,
                            Gerd

Comment

Incredible piece! Again, congratulations on becoming its new custodian.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X