Medal Bar, Rumanian Order of the crown.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal Bar, Rumanian Order of the crown.

I posted this in the International section trying to find what Rumanian order i had, i had some great help there so now id like to share what i think is quite a nice bar to a WW1 veteran
    Attached Files

That really is a lovely set, love all red enamel!

The button hole, any marking on the back?

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
      That really is a lovely set, love all red enamel!

The button hole, any marking on the back?
      No markings Jesse, yes the enamel caught my eye when i bought it, One of our friends on the international forum mentioned that the owner might have been awarded the enamel cross prior to 1934 but after WW1 as its a civilian type and as seen on the ribbon the Hindenburg is present but not on the bar, quite an interesting group i belive

Comment

Congratulations on a great acquisition and thanks for sharing this really nice medal bar. The enamel really pleasing to the eye. Is there any chance for a picture of the reverse of the medal bar? regards Mark

Comment

Originally posted by dragnet View Post
          No markings Jesse, yes the enamel caught my eye when i bought it, One of our friends on the international forum mentioned that the owner might have been awarded the enamel cross prior to 1934 but after WW1 as its a civilian type and as seen on the ribbon the Hindenburg is present but not on the bar, quite an interesting group i belive
          Absolutely post-WWI and before 1934 as it is the Type I Order of the Crown. Rumania was fighting against the Central Powers in WWI. So, a German of course would never have been awarded this during the war.

Comment

Absolutely a very nice bar...congrats

Stefano

Comment

Originally posted by Mark P View Post
              Congratulations on a great acquisition and thanks for sharing this really nice medal bar. The enamel really pleasing to the eye. Is there any chance for a picture of the reverse of the medal bar? regards Mark

As requested.....
              Attached Files

Comment

A lovely little grouping.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
                  Absolutely post-WWI and before 1934 as it is the Type I Order of the Crown. Rumania was fighting against the Central Powers in WWI. So, a German of course would never have been awarded this during the war.
                  No, not during but before the Great War...

...Prussian/German Officers with Romanian decorations are not that uncommon.

Comment

I was just reviewing this thread as I now own this group. Probably one of the best militaria purchases I have ever made.

Comment

It's a great looking bar and very nicely photographed.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post

Many members of the koenigl. preussische Schutzmanschaft Berlin received
                        such award.

Here Polizeioberst Krause in 1905

Nice bar
                        Attached Files

Comment

What I find interesting is the absence of any other awards for WWI. No wound badge or a long service award of any kind. He certainly wasn't a career soldier. Also the EK is high quality and probably a privately purchased award which explains the spare 25mm EK ribbon? It's not possible though to decide if he was awarded the Order of the Crown prior to WWI, or in the 1920s. I would suggest he was no longer in uniform of any kind by 1934 when he claimed his Cross of Honor and so didn't bother to get his bar upgraded.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,721 at 02:31 PM on Today.

Working...
                          X