... and
    Attached Files

... next
    Attached Files

Comment

real nice biker cloth if you ask me .

K

Comment

I will say frankly that I do not know what is behind cloth. KULM cross? or ...?

Please, opinions ... and of course the diagnosis is the original cloth.
        Thank you in advance for any information

Regards
        Jarek
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Montgomery Burns View Post
          real nice biker cloth if you ask me .

K

What does it mean? it's fake? and what then is it?

Jarek

Comment

Hello,

it's just a modern cloth badge shaped as an Iron Cross.

In my opinion, no more than 10 years old. Not a fake, because it simply doesn't copy anything

E.L.

Comment

Absolutely a biker patch. These have been around for years. Head shops and souvenir shops in every city in North America have sold these from the late 60s until now.

I don't mean to offend. But, when collectors start asking questions about common junk like this, I am fearful about the future of the hobby.

There are so many excellent books around on the Iron Cross and related Germanic crosses like the Kulmerkreuz, not to mention the easily accessible and excellent threads here on and other forums, that to post something like this and ask a serious question about it is just sad.

I guess I'm being harsh. But, come on, really?

15 second search found a "Kulm" cross on Amazon for $4.90. Knock yourself out.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Brian L.; 01-06-2016, 08:36 AM.

Comment

I agree with the above that it's a biker/surfer iron on Maltese cross patch

Comment

Wow
                  I did not know. I accidentally dropped it in my hand and I did not know what it adjust - now I know

Thank you all for explanations and information
                  Man learns life

Jarek

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
                    Absolutely a biker patch. These have been around for years. Head shops and souvenir shops in every city in North America have sold these from the late 60s until now.

I don't mean to offend. But, when collectors start asking questions about common junk like this, I am fearful about the future of the hobby.

There are so many excellent books around on the Iron Cross and related Germanic crosses like the Kulmerkreuz, not to mention the easily accessible and excellent threads here on and other forums, that to post something like this and ask a serious question about it is just sad.

I accept the assessment (a little insulting for me) - but it's hard, everyone seems such opinions, as can.
                    Here in Poland, such rubbish are not popular, which is why none of them is not. Hence the ignorance of them. But of course it's hard to understand how you have to deal with them on a daily basis.

About my collection do not worry (specializing in crosses EK2-1939) it is at a sufficiently high level.
                    And certainly, the question anyone about vile copy of EK2, I never would try to insult the questioner

Kind Regards
                    Jarek

Comment

let me tell you about books ..

last week I responded on a well known German forum ,,,

much to my surprise
                      the so called experts advised ek books to a inexperienced member asking fore opinions ..about his ek 1813

that book advice was well meant,,,,but ,,,

those experts turned down the guy's ek 1813 as 1914 frankenstein ,,,,,,

as a blind man could have seen the ek was a perfectly good period original ,,,,,, with known core and frame,,

so ,,,,books wont help you at all ,,,if you're not have the talent ...

regards kay

Comment

You were being harsh. Purposely deriding someone in public for a (admittedly) no-brainer question, is unnecessary and yes, rather cruel.

Your previous comments concerning members asking for translations were also unnecessary. I agree that if you are going to collect German militaria, you should take the time to learn at least the military terms and some basic language. I thought the same thing you did about the excessive requests for translations, but the difference is that I didn't say it. When it comes to new or uneducated collectors patience and help are required. Those are basic tenants of the forum.

It's not my place to tell you what to do, but sometimes we don't stop to think how our words can effect others.

Comment

... to post something like this and ask a serious question about it is just sad. I guess I'm being harsh. But, come on, really?
                          You are being harsh.

Everyone knows different things in different areas. Jarek (boch_62) is very knowledgeable in his field. In his free time he has conducted thoughtful original research and presented it here on WAF, in English for our benefit. Then he visits Imperial to ask a simple question about an item outside of his own area of collecting and gets that rude, supercilious reply?

A simple explanation would have sufficed.
                          Best regards,
                          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                            You are being harsh.

Everyone knows different things in different areas. Jarek (boch_62) is very knowledgeable in his field. In his free time he has conducted thoughtful original research and presented it here on WAF, in English for our benefit. Then he visits Imperial to ask a simple question about an item outside of his own area of collecting and gets that rude, supercilious reply?

A simple explanation would have sufficed.
                            Thanks Trevor !!!

Today I got a harsh lesson.
                            You do not know better do not ask, because you can get hurt.
                            Sad but true.
                            On my part, I will continue to help all the knower not.

Best Regards
                            Jarek

Comment

Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 01-06-2016, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X